Meet Levi Lee ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Amherst chapter.

When I think of my friend Levi Lee ’17, I can’t help but smile.  He is one of the sweetest and most genuine people I know.  He is funny and can make me laugh even when I’m in a bad mood.  Get to know Levi with Her Campus Amherst :D

Tell me about where are you from:

Florida! Land of humid weather and amusement parks. I live in Fort Lauderdale, however, which is part of South Florida (a little north of Miami).

How does the weather at Amherst compare to the weather back home?:

I honestly thought seasons were a myth until I came to Amherst. We get one cold day in Florida and every single clothing store in town will sell out of scarves and gloves.

Why did you choose to attend Amherst?:

My one requirement when I was looking at colleges was that it had to be in the same time zone as Florida. (I’m not kidding.) I didn’t know much about Amherst prior to applying, but I took a chance and I am glad I did!

What are you interested in both academically and leisurely?:

I am a Math and Stats major, and I also take a lot of Japanese language classes. In my free time (if I’m not asleep), I would be reading manga (sometimes in Japanese!) or news articles online. This past month, I also found myself doing a little too much online shopping. (Someone stop me. o_o)

What are you passionate about the most?:

Cooking! I think it can be a lot of fun, especially if you are cooking for someone else. (Sorry if you were a victim.) And also traveling. I’ve taken trips to New York and Boston whenever there is a break from classes.

Tell me the best memory of your first year:

Just being a part of Williston during my first-year was probably the best thing about my first year. I’m so glad that I still connect with so many of my dormmates from my first year here.

What are your plans for the rest of your time at Amherst and beyond:

An abroad fellowship experience? A job as a data scientist?? Graduate school??? I’m honestly not too sure. I’m still figuring my life out…

What is the best compliment you’ve received?:

Getting to do the Her Campus interview! Thank you to whoever nominated me! It was very sweet of you. :)  

Carina Corbin graduated from Amherst College in 2017 and started writing for Her Campus during her first year. She was a Computer Science and Asian Languages & Civilizations double major that still loves to learn languages, write short stories, eat great food and travel. She wrote for Her Campus Amherst for four years and was Campus Correspondent for 3.5 years. She enjoyed interviewing Campus Profiles and writing content that connected with the Amherst community.