Meet Cam Wade ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Amherst chapter.

Cam Wade’17 is one of the most kind people you will ever meet.  He always has a warm smile and will ask you about your day.  Read more to learn about Cam’s goals, hobbies and the cutest shoutout to his girlfriend :’)

Tell me about where are you from:

I’m from Baltimore (Ball’more), MD. I’ve always felt like it is a microcosm of the U.S., in spite of the bad reputation it has.

How does the weather at Amherst compare to the weather back home?: Amherst is always 7 to 23 degrees colder than back home any given day. Why did you choose to attend Amherst?: I wanted a small community, just like my high school. I also wanted a coed environment, unlike my high school. The open curriculum was a winner and the access to civilization edged it over Williams.  What are you interested in both academically and leisurely?: Academically, I am a Sociology major but I love branching out. I aim to take one to two courses in a new department each semester. Outside of class, I’m a comics goon-reading graphics novels and watching animated shows. Additionally, I consider myself somewhat of a modern architecture connoisseur, if you will.  Sports and video games are cool too.

What are you passionate about the most?:

Crab rangoons…but more importantly, inspiring people to greatness. I was pre-med for a long time so I wanted to do that through healthcare leadership and excellence initially, but now that I’ll be starting my career at a bank, I’ll do it through other means. The mission never wavers though.

Tell me the best memory of your first year: Laying eyes on the woman who would become my girlfriend of over two years for the first time. 

What are your plans for the rest of your time at Amherst and beyond: Try to defeat senioritis as well as the common cold and pink eye. I want to lead the Public Health Collaborative to heights it’s never seen before, while contributing to the pre-health/social justice/POC communities however much I can. I’ll keep supporting my friends in getting this money (and getting into grad school). Beyond Amherst, I will hopefully rise through the ranks, get my MBA at some point, and eventually cross over to pharma/biotech/health tech. Regardless of the corporate route I take, I’ll be sure to always make time for being with loved ones, mentoring, and giving back.

What is the best compliment you’ve received?:

That I make the people I meet happy.

Carina Corbin graduated from Amherst College in 2017 and started writing for Her Campus during her first year. She was a Computer Science and Asian Languages & Civilizations double major that still loves to learn languages, write short stories, eat great food and travel. She wrote for Her Campus Amherst for four years and was Campus Correspondent for 3.5 years. She enjoyed interviewing Campus Profiles and writing content that connected with the Amherst community.