HC Amherst De-classified Finals Survival Guide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Amherst chapter.

Are you feeling crushed under the pressure of finals?  Does Winter Break feel farther and farther away the more you think about all you have to do before you are home free?  Do  you find solace in screaming into your pillow at night?

We understand too well what you are going through.  However, do not fear!  We can help!

Here are our tips for surviving the dreaded finals week and how you can get your hands on some of these suggested items!

Start From Within

The first thing to go when we are under stress is self care.  You start to eat poorly, the gym becomes a friend that you used to know and what is sleep anymore?  While I can’t force you to make those great lifestyle enhancing decisions, I can help you to feel like you did.  Instead of coffee, try drinking tea.  It’s not as strong caffeine wise, but if you can get additional antioxidants.  Plus teas like Yogi teas like Sweet Tangerine Positive Energy and Green Tea Blueberry Slim Life can have additional benefits.

And if that doesn’t work, let’s try the next tip!

Look Good On The Outside

For me, if I dress nicer or sit up straighter or walk with an air of confidence, my outlook on my day totally changes for the better.  Even if you don’t feel as great, looking good can help bring the positive motions.  

• Use a face mask – That uneven skintone, redness, breakouts, dry skin…these are all signs of a rough time.  A face mask can help to put the nutrients where your face needs it most…surprise…your face!  Leaders cosmetics 7 Wonders face mask line can help with all of these skin issues.
  • Use A Waterproof Eyeliner – So that when you fall asleep at your desk or cry mid study session, as least you will look flawless doing it.  Rimmel London has a waterproof eyeliner that is pigmented and precise.
  • Long Lasting Lip Stick/Lip gloss – A long lasting lip color can help you to sip tea and eat till you’re stuffed without worrying about leaving your mark on anything. Rimmel London has a two step long lasting lip color that really sticks.
  • Glow Up – We can’t all wake up flawless, but we can fake.  Bronzers like Rimmel London’s Natural Bronzer, help give a glow that says I’m still beautiful despite ten days of no sleep and nothing but stress.

Do Feel Good Things

Taking a break is necessary.  Don’t burn out. Try reading a book, writing an article, or watching a YouTube video to calm your nerves and clear your mind.

Her Campus Amherst will be having several giveaways of books including “The Roommate Book”, “Sarah Scribbles” and the Book of the Month Club’s Book of the Month (signed by Constance Wu!).  We will also have all the items listed in this article and more to help you conquer finals week in style!  Details on the giveaway will be on our Facebook page so be sure to like us for more details!

HCXO

Carina Corbin graduated from Amherst College in 2017 and started writing for Her Campus during her first year. She was a Computer Science and Asian Languages & Civilizations double major that still loves to learn languages, write short stories, eat great food and travel. She wrote for Her Campus Amherst for four years and was Campus Correspondent for 3.5 years. She enjoyed interviewing Campus Profiles and writing content that connected with the Amherst community.