Hamburger Helper Dropped A Mixtape?!!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Amherst chapter.

Hamburger Helper dropped a mixtape and…it’s GOOD?!

Yesterday was April Fool’s Day and to celebrate Hamburger Helper put a mixtape on Soundcloud.  I had absolutely no expectations…well, besides that I expected to regret the next thirty seconds the moment I clicked on the album “Watch the Stove.”

To my surprise (and the rest of hip hop loving internet), it was actually lit.  Like ‘I’m actually willing to turn up to this at the Spring Formal’ lit.   Like ‘every school dance team better do choreography to this at their next show’’ good. Like ‘are they really singing about adding processed food products to ground beef’ lit.

Moreover, guess what?  All of the rappers and producers are from Minnesota, like the General Mills company.  Liana Miller, the marketing communications manager of General Mills said: “It’s all Minnesota, local culture, local everything.”  Rapper DJ Triiiip is featured on the intro track where he was required to “keep it family friendly” and “clean.”  The song “Hamburger Helper” was rapped by Internet celebrity, Niles Stewart a.k.a. Retro Spectro. Hamburger Helper also approached a local school and college students are responsible for “Food For Your Soul,” “Crazy,” and “In Love With the Glove.”   

The album was over a month in the making and it was worth it. The internet approves:

As for my favorites, I liked “Feed the Streets” and “Food For Your Soul” the most.  “Feed the Streets” had that Fetty Wap flow that we all low-key, high-key love. “Food For Your Soul,” on the other hand, truly lifts your soul after a long day. “In Love With Your Glove” is definitely the next contender for third best track.  It’s that “OH Yeah” feeling that R&B fans will appreciate.  

So, White Out TAP…

Carina Corbin graduated from Amherst College in 2017 and started writing for Her Campus during her first year. She was a Computer Science and Asian Languages & Civilizations double major that still loves to learn languages, write short stories, eat great food and travel. She wrote for Her Campus Amherst for four years and was Campus Correspondent for 3.5 years. She enjoyed interviewing Campus Profiles and writing content that connected with the Amherst community.