Fun Things To Do In Amherst This Weekend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Amherst chapter.

The month of April is bustling with activities for Amherst students.  Here are a few of the events happening this weekend and there is a something for everyone.

Show Some School Spirit

If you are an Amherst sports fan, on Saturday, there are the following home games.  Go cheer on your favorite college  team.

• Womens’ and Mens’ Outdoor Track and Field at 11am on Pratt Field
  • Softball v. Hamilton at noon to 12pm-2pm on Amherst Softball Field
  • Baseball vs. Williams at 1 – 3:30pm at Memorial Field
  • Mens’ Lacrosse vs. Colby 1pm at Gooding Field

Wave Your Flag Party

The third annual Wave Your Flag event is here.  While it’s a little late to enjoy the lovely dinner on Friday April 8th, since tickets went quickly, you can still make it to the Wave Your Flag Party on Saturday.  Check out details below:

Saturday, April 9: Wave Your Flag Afterparty

It would not be Wave Your Flag without a party to finish! Join ACSU and Broke College Kids Entertainment for the first ACSU party of the semester! Prepare your body for the Afrobeat, Soca, Bachata, and Dancehall that we know so well!Where: Powerhouse at Amherst CollegeTime: 10 p.m.-2 a.mAmherst College – Free with IDFive College Students – $5 with IDGeneral Admission – $7 before 11:30, $10 afterDress Code: Shoki, Eskista, Merengue, Pantsula and Wining attire. You know what that means for you! Bonus if you wear the colors of your flag.

Consent Fest 2016

Go to Consent Fest to partake in fun activities, get free food and learn about sexual respect.  Check out this article by Katie with details on what to expect at consent fest!

2nd Annual International Festival 2016

If you want to do something off campus,  there is  2nd Annual International 2016 where students, residents and visitors “will be able to join in one of the biggest event in Amherst for the spring 2016 as well as celebrate and raise awareness of the colorful cultural diversity within our community.”

Carina Corbin graduated from Amherst College in 2017 and started writing for Her Campus during her first year. She was a Computer Science and Asian Languages & Civilizations double major that still loves to learn languages, write short stories, eat great food and travel. She wrote for Her Campus Amherst for four years and was Campus Correspondent for 3.5 years. She enjoyed interviewing Campus Profiles and writing content that connected with the Amherst community.