December is here!

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Amherst chapter.

One more day until December, twenty-five more days till Christmas and twenty-two more days until winter break. Stuck in between vacations, I have mountains and mountains of work that never seem to end. It might seem like a good idea to drink away the thought of the piles of unfinished work, but I decided to push past my reluctance and just do my work, thus continuing my week of writing non-stop. I’ve officially found my favorite study spot while starting my paper in the Keefe Science Library.  On Friday evening, it was mostly quiet, with plenty of open space, a wide table and a rolling chair that sure beats the wooden chair I have in my room.

What did I do after a moderately productive day? Write more, of course. I stopped by the Craft Night and Letter-Writing Social at Keefe. It was a lot more interesting than I had expected. I tried my typing skills on an old-fashioned typewriter— the ones where you have to twist a knob to go on to the next line and swipe the paper back to the left side each time you reach the right edge of the paper. I almost wanted to go to an antique store just to get one of my own.

I then proceeded to write and decorate as many cards as I could until the event ended. There was stationary everywhere: postcards, stamps, envelops in all sizes and cards in every color imaginable. (While I was in elementary school, I used to collect stationery—not just regular stationery, but stationery made in Korea. I’m not sure why I was that excited about collecting paper.) I also stopped by the glue gun/ wax gun table and learned how to wax seal my letters for the first time. It’s definitely starting to feel like the holiday season.