David D’ ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Amherst chapter.

Name: David Desrosiers

From: Brooklyn, New York

Year: 2014

Dorm: Cohan

High School: Regis High School

Majors: Sociology and French

Ideal Date: Something fun, like a tour of the botanical gardens in the spring or a walk through Montmartre on a lazy summer day. There’d be something related to how we first met.  We’d have a candlelit dinner and go dancing to some zouk-love.  We’d watch the sunrise at poolside with delicious food and some wine.

Spirit Animal: Fennec fox.  Captain Planet came in close as #2 but he can’t beat those ears. 

What Super Power Would You Want: Telekinesis.  I’d fly around NYC as a masked vigilante, fighting evil by moonlight winning love by daylight.

Ideal Job: Scheduling and program acquisitions director at ABC or WPIX, and a professor. 

Songs I sing in the shower: Whatever comes to mind, though it almost always includes a mix of Céline Dion and Metro Station.  Those two should make an album together.

Fav. TV Show: Game of Thrones

Relationship Status: Single

Country I want to visit: Can I name 10?

Extracurriculars: Val conversations, Amherst Dance, Newman, fanfiction, learning a new language, and Netflix

Craziest Thing You’ve Ever Done: On a dare I had to go to as many strangers I could find on the Lower East Side and ask them to help free Quebec. I also had to say that cats eat their own placenta and that humans should do the same.  Because of oxytocin…I think?

Evelyn is the Editor-in-Chief of the Amherst branch of Her Campus. She was a features intern at Seventeen Magazine during the summer of 2011 and a features intern at Glamour Magazine during the summer of 2013. She is a French and English major in the class of 2014 at Amherst College. She is also on Amherst's varsity squash team. She is an aspiring travel writer/novelist, and loves running, ice cream, and Jane Austen.