Chelsea T ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Amherst chapter.

Name: Chelsea Tejada 

Year: 2014

Dorm: Chapman

HS: Southern Lehigh Senior High School

From: Colombia

Major: WAGS and Asian Languages

Favorite Class: Global Politics of Gender

Dream Job: Michelle Obama

Spirit Animal: Elephant

Fave movie/TV show: Wizard of Oz and Modern Family

If You Could Visit Any One Country in the World Right Now, Where Would You Go: Vietnam

If You Could Have a Superpower, What Would it Be: Teleportation

Ideal Date: Start the day on the beach in Thailand drinking mimosas, then go ride some elephants in India, then Greece for Mediterranean food for lunch, then climb the pyramids in Egypt in the afternoon, go watch a real football game in Rio, then go to Paris for dinner, watch the sunset in Cape Town, and then stargaze in the Amazon.

Extracurriculars: Equestrian Team, Amherst Dance, Ballroom Dance Club, Girls Inc.

Relationship Status: Happy

Craziest Thing You’ve Ever Done: Swam with pink dolphins in the Amazon river, and harpooned a piranha 

Evelyn is the Editor-in-Chief of the Amherst branch of Her Campus. She was a features intern at Seventeen Magazine during the summer of 2011 and a features intern at Glamour Magazine during the summer of 2013. She is a French and English major in the class of 2014 at Amherst College. She is also on Amherst's varsity squash team. She is an aspiring travel writer/novelist, and loves running, ice cream, and Jane Austen.