Campus Cutie Anqi Cao ’17E

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Amherst chapter.

Meet this week’s Campus Cutie Anqi Cao 17E!  From Jinan, China you would not believe the craziest thing she’s ever done (There may or may not be the Gobi desert involved).

Name: Anqi Cao

Hometown: Jinan, China

Year: 2017E

Dorm: Moore

Majors: Anthropology

Relationship Status: Single

Ideal Date: Take a walk around the graveyard at midnight under the full moon

Spirit Animal: Serpent

What Super Power Would You Want: Extrasensory perception

Ideal Job: Assassin disguised as a geisha

Most Played Song on Your iPod: Back to Tokyo

Fave TV show: Digimon

Country you want to visit: Japan

Craziest Thing You’ve Ever Done: When I was traveling in the Gobi desert in China, in order to get to a cresent-shaped lake in the oasis without paying the ticket, I persuaded my friends to sneak into the oasis at night. It took us hours to cross over tiers and tiers of sand hills and we almost got lost. After a final desperate climbing, we saw the lake down the ridge under the milky galaxy. It was enchanting.

Carina Corbin graduated from Amherst College in 2017 and started writing for Her Campus during her first year. She was a Computer Science and Asian Languages & Civilizations double major that still loves to learn languages, write short stories, eat great food and travel. She wrote for Her Campus Amherst for four years and was Campus Correspondent for 3.5 years. She enjoyed interviewing Campus Profiles and writing content that connected with the Amherst community.