Campus Celebrity Amani Ahmed ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Amherst chapter.
It’s our honor to introduce Amani Ahmed ’15, the recently nominated Campus Celebrity.  Learn with us about Amani’s academic goals, her place of origin and more.

Tell me about where are you from:

Brooklyn, New York. My favorite place in the entire world. 

How does the weather at Amherst compare to the weather back home?:
It’s pretty much the same. Amherst is a little colder I guess. 

Why did you choose to attend Amherst?:
I’ve always liked small schools. I also knew I wanted to go to a liberal arts college. I like learning to think. 

What’s are you interested in both academically and leisurely?:
My Political Science major and my Asian Languages and Civilizations major both concentrate in the Middle East. I’m interested in everything about the Middle East both politically and culturally. I’m studying Arabic at Amherst–hopefully, one day, I can work and live in the Middle East. 

I’m very close to my family. So family time is the best. 

What’s are you passionate about the most?:
That’s a hard question–still figuring that out!

What are your plans for the rest of your time at Amherst and beyond:
A mean question for a senior! I don’t know. I just want to try my best to live a happy and meaningful life. 

If you could make one change to the world, playful or serious, what would it
 be?:
Getting rid of all the bad stuff. There’s too much crap people have to deal with. 

What’s something you’ve always wanted to say but never got the chance to say
 it?:
Thank you, Ray Peterson. 
Carina Corbin graduated from Amherst College in 2017 and started writing for Her Campus during her first year. She was a Computer Science and Asian Languages & Civilizations double major that still loves to learn languages, write short stories, eat great food and travel. She wrote for Her Campus Amherst for four years and was Campus Correspondent for 3.5 years. She enjoyed interviewing Campus Profiles and writing content that connected with the Amherst community.