Andrew H ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Amherst chapter.

Name: Andrew Hurn

From: Darien, CT

Year: 2015

HS: Darien HS

Dorm: Pond

Major: Biology

Dream Job: Musician or Music Producer, Surgeon, Photojournalist

Favorite Class: Foundations of African American Literature and Intro Calc

Spirit Animal: An elephant because they’re large, dangerous if provoked but can be caring too, and they have big ears

If You Could Pick One Country in the World to Visit Where Would You Go: New Zealand

Ideal Date: Starting off with a picnic in the bird sanctuary and after that walk to memorial hill to watch the sunset or the stars if they’re out

Favorite TV Show: Archer or Game of Thrones

If You Could Have a Superpower What Would it Be: The power to cheer someone up no matter how sad they may be

Extracurriculars: Amherst Ultimate Frisbee

Relationship Status: Single

Craziest Thing You’ve Ever Done: I went for a polar bear swim.  You get up at 6am and go swimming and it’s freezing but really fun.

Evelyn is the Editor-in-Chief of the Amherst branch of Her Campus. She was a features intern at Seventeen Magazine during the summer of 2011 and a features intern at Glamour Magazine during the summer of 2013. She is a French and English major in the class of 2014 at Amherst College. She is also on Amherst's varsity squash team. She is an aspiring travel writer/novelist, and loves running, ice cream, and Jane Austen.