Amherst Town Goat

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Amherst chapter.

At the annual Apple Harvest Crafts Fair and Children’s Festival this year, this goat stole the show.  He was in a pen with several other goats and some baby pigs, all of whom were adorable.  But this goat was the most vivacious, scampering about and playing with the children.  When it comes to cuteness, competition at the craft fair certainly was stiff.  One stall selling knit scarves had the world’s fluffiest bunny on display.  In addition to furry animals, the fair showcased jewelry made out of blown glass, homemade fudge, and delicious cake cookies (I helped myself to one of the white chocolate cookie samples and seriously considered sneaking back for a second).  It’s craft fairs and farmers markets like these that remind me how much I love this town.

Here’s one of the baby pigs:

Evelyn is the Editor-in-Chief of the Amherst branch of Her Campus. She was a features intern at Seventeen Magazine during the summer of 2011 and a features intern at Glamour Magazine during the summer of 2013. She is a French and English major in the class of 2014 at Amherst College. She is also on Amherst's varsity squash team. She is an aspiring travel writer/novelist, and loves running, ice cream, and Jane Austen.