Amherst College Student & Social Entrepreneur Shatoyia Jones​ Makes History as 50th Anniversary Miss Black America Massachusetts 2018

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Amherst chapter.

Resilient and Accomplished Louisiana native Shatoyia Jones is a Senior studying English with a concentration in Comparative Performance Arts and Communications, now the Miss Black America state titleholder Miss Black America Massachusetts, Founder/CEO of Ordinary x Influence, and Born to Be Unique Consulting and her non-profit, To Save a Life, Education Consultant for Crimson Education, motivational speaker, youth and young adult mentor, and more.

Fun Fact: She designed her own evening dress!

She represented Amherst, MA in the Miss Black America competition this summer and now reigns as Miss Black America Massachusetts from Florence, Massachusetts. In her free time, Shatoyia enjoys traveling, the arts (writing, dancing, singing/songwriting), reading, serving as mentor to youth and young adults and creating innovative strategies to scale the work that she does with her business which provides humanitarian organizations, businesses, and projects with the necessary tools, funds, and resources that they need to efficiently carry out their individual missions. Her recent projects include her new book, Myth of the Self Made, a student mental health program, and an academy for impoverished youth and young adults and youth and young adults of color who are aspiring leaders, social entrepreneurs, and nonprofit/public service workers.

Her platform is Project Cénit | To Save a Life: Building Up Impoverished Communities (including tackling poverty + crime rates) through youth empowerment & social entrepreneurship, holistic health (mental, spiritual, physical) awareness, & tackling educational/opportunity injustice. She hopes to work towards her mission through creation of awareness and involvement encouragement via public appearances, interviews, fundraising events, and reaching out to inquire about sponsorships and grants for her many humanitarian projects. Shatoyia represents not just the Historic Miss Black America Pageant which airs in February, but also her business, her non-profit and over 10+ humanitarian organizations where she serves as ambassador, affiliate, mentor, or volunteer. She is now available for appearing on your program and at your media events. For Bookings contact: tsltosavealife@gmail.com to speak or host an event, conference, workshop, or contact her directly via Instagram.

Learn more about Shatoyia and her work on her Website, and follow her on Instagram and Facebook!

Miss Black America Massachusetts 2018; Founder/CEO of Born to Be Unique Consulting, Ordinary x Influence, and To Save a Life Nonprofit; Author of Myth of the Self Made; Crimson Education Consultant Hello! I am a social entrepreneur, speaker, author, & motivational speaker (currently open to be booked for interviews, speaking and event hosting) with a love for Yahweh (God), life, dancing, Christian Ministry, natural beauty, modest fashion, social justice, learning and education, art, service work, travel, nature, business, a good bargain or sale, and helping people to live their "best" lives by leading by example. Follow me on instagram: @rock_n_rawrrr and visit my website to learn more about me and my work at: www.ordinaryxinfluence.weebly.com