15 Signs You’re a Lady/Lord Jeff

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Amherst chapter.

If you identity with some of these signs, you are a legit Lady/Lord Jeff:

1.     You prefer Goberry to Froyo world (and you make sure people know what a loyal Goberry customer you are)

2.     When you watched the Miley Cyrus “Wrecking Ball” video, you analyzed what it says about pop culture using phrases like “interpellation” and “the universal male gaze”.

3.     The most awkward part of your week is Sunday brunch at Val.

4.     Your friends are from five different continents. 

5.     The first thing you ask when you meet a guy or when your friend talks about a guy is “What team is he on?”

6.     You’re only awake past 1:30AM on a Saturday night if your calzone hasn’t arrived yet.

7.     “Going out” means standing around talking to your friends in a stairwell, or outside if you’re lucky and the temperature is above 30 degrees.

8.     You have two spots in Frost: the one you go to and spend five hours talking to your friends and maybe reading two pages of your text book, and the one in some deserted corner of C level where you hide away and get shit done.

9.     You know the names of your professor’s kids.

10. You’re on a first name basis with the Amherst College police. 

11. Without fail, you always run into the person you least want to run into.

12. You can name at least ten different chicken dishes served at Val.

13. If you invest in a $5 bottle of wine, you feel super classy.

14. You frequently find yourself rolling your eyes at yourself and saying,” I am such a nerd.”

15. Williams was your safety school. 

Evelyn is the Editor-in-Chief of the Amherst branch of Her Campus. She was a features intern at Seventeen Magazine during the summer of 2011 and a features intern at Glamour Magazine during the summer of 2013. She is a French and English major in the class of 2014 at Amherst College. She is also on Amherst's varsity squash team. She is an aspiring travel writer/novelist, and loves running, ice cream, and Jane Austen.