andrew neel z55CR d0ayg unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
andrew neel z55CR d0ayg unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Things That We Love About Going Home for Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Amherst chapter.

Today marks the first day of Thanksgiving Break and it couldn’t have come at a better time.  With school work to social change, Amherst students have experienced “the most” these past few weeks.  Whether you are going home, going on a vacation with friends or family, or you are staying on campus, here are some things that we can all relate to when going home for the holidays.

Taking showers without slippers on

Because who knew you would the feeling of water on your toes.

Eating home cooked food.

Suddenly, mom’s beans and rice that was at every meal is like a delicacy

Seeing your family pet

Even Henry the hamster seems excited to see you!

Educating your family about your college experience

Can we talk MORE about how popular I am on campus rather than the fact that I declared Studio Art instead of Econ…sorry dad

Seeing your friends

CLIQUE

Filling Instagram pics that show off all the fun times you are having

As long as I get those likes…

Speaking in your native tongue

Whether its Spanish, Chinese or Brooklynese…everyone has a dialect of their own

Eating at your favorite restaurants

There is only so much home food you can take.

Visiting your old stomping grounds

You may not want to retake high school, but that park across the street holds good memories

Appreciating Amherst more

Because we all know that after awhile we miss our Purple Pride

Carina Corbin graduated from Amherst College in 2017 and started writing for Her Campus during her first year. She was a Computer Science and Asian Languages & Civilizations double major that still loves to learn languages, write short stories, eat great food and travel. She wrote for Her Campus Amherst for four years and was Campus Correspondent for 3.5 years. She enjoyed interviewing Campus Profiles and writing content that connected with the Amherst community.