Work Out in DC…for FREE!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

After this amazing past Saturday with Self Magazine, I have to admit…I caught the workout bug! The high-intensity calorie burning workouts we all enjoyed at the quad area all I can think about now! I wish I had trainers to motivate me 24/7 but luckily for us, DC stil offers us a plethora of options to squeeze in our little workout…and take this…for FREE! So check out these 3 options and pick your perfect fit!  

LuluLemon Sunday Yoga (Georgetown)

Yoga is called the most complete exercise for a reason; it targets the spiritual, mental and physical disciplines. Located in the heart of Georgetown this Lululemon store offers so much more than workout gear. This store will also be hosting a “Running Club that welcomes runners every Tuesday for 3-6 mile runs all over the city.” Check out their Fb page for surprise workouts, they usually pick yoga. So feel free to venture off to Georgetown for an afternoon run on Tuesdays you might be surprised with a yoga sesh on the side. Best of both worlds in one store!

Joe’s Movement Emporium

Perfect for all dancers! Joe’s Movement Emporium offers a variety of free dance classes four days a week. From Zumba to Hip Hop to Capoeira! Joe’s Movement Emporioum gives you plentiful of options to learn the language of the soul (dance) and give to a good cause!

Circle Yoga

Circle Yoga offers its community free one-hour classes each Saturday at 12:30pm. These classes welcome all levels and are donation based, 100% percent of the donations are donated to the teacher’s favorite charity. At Circle Yoga, the community classes include: Pilates a calorie-burning routine invented by Joseph Pilates used to strengthen your core, “Shake your Soul” lessons (self explanatory) and Yoga (namaste.) So get a workout on while helping out a good cause!

Image credit:

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/…

I'm a senior at American University! Fell in love with writing when I was about 6 and have been falling in love with different topics to write about ever since (latest one: yoga.) I was originally born in Barcelona but I've lived all over the place! Love art, running, traveling, clothes (everything neon) hiking and coffee.