Why You Should Sign Up For Birchbox Today

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Imagine this. It’s a Tuesday afternoon, midterms are in full swing and you haven’t slept more than four hours in five days. Your diet consists solely of coffee and Sour Patch Kids. Your phone buzzes, letting you know you have a package. Off to the front desk you go, thrilled to get away from studying. And there it is. A little pink box filled with happiness. Birchbox has delivered once again.

Two months ago, I began receiving Birchbox. I like to think that subscribing to the box was one of my finer decisions in college. Typically filled with four to five beauty samples, Birchbox is a fantastic, frugal way to mix up your beauty routine every few weeks. I couldn’t be happier with my decision. Here are five reasons you should sign up:

1 – It’s Personal

When you first sign up, you get to create a profile that essentially tells Birchbox what kind of a beauty girl you are. Love fragrance samples? Have frizz-prone hair? Combo skin? Your Birchbox profile allows the company to send you products you’ll actually use. I have thick, curly hair that does not handle D.C. humidity well. My first Birchbox contained an amazing serum formula that’s worked wonders for containing my mane.    

2 – Makeup is Fun

Listen, I’ve never been a huge makeup girl. I’m legitimately just learning the basics of eyeliner. Subscribing to Birchbox has tricked me into learning some amazing beauty techniques. Each box comes with a note describing each product and how to use it; incredibly handy for a makeup struggle bus like me. Who knew Chapstick makes an amazing lip primer? Birchbox makes beauty and skin care fun because it mixes things up every few weeks.

3 – It’s a Bargain

At $10 a month, my college budget is happy with my Birchbox investment. Considering that most of the samples total to a value more than double the monthly cost, it’s a great deal. Save the calories from Chinese one night a month and instead treat yourself with some Birchbox goodness.

4 – You Get What You Give

In addition to the relatively low cost, Birchbox has an amazing review system. For each review you do of a product and for each dollar you spend in their store, you receive points. At 100 points, you receive $10 Birchbox dollars credited to your account to spend in their store. Fall in love with a sample from your box? Review it, and the others in your box, to work up enough points to buy a full size product.

5 – Birchbox Gets Social Media

At the very least, follow Birchbox on their social media platforms. From Facebook to Youtube to Pinterest, Birchbox is constantly posting amazing tips for your beauty routine. It’s a goldmine for non-makeup users like myself. Do yourself a favor and give their various accounts a follow or like. I promise it’ll be worth it. Be sure to check out their glorious blog!

Did I sell you on a subscription? Want more info? Find out all about Birchbox on their website!

Images: www.birchbox.com