Why Melissa McCarthy Needs to be in the “Gilmore Girls” Reboot

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

One of the many famous TV shows getting a reboot on Netflix is 2016 is Gilmore Girls. This famous show lasted for seven years, and starred famous actresses such as Alexis Bledel and Lauren Graham. It’s been reported that all the actors appear to be returning for the Netflix reboot, except for one. The actress who is reported to be not returning for the reboot is Melissa McCarthy, who played chef Sookie St. James. While many people were curious as to why she is not returning, there have been reports from the actress herself that have said that she was never asked to be in the revival. 

Here is why we think that Melissa McCarthy needs to reprise her role as Sookie St. James for the Gilmore Girls reboot

1. Sookie was not only an amazing chef, but she was also a really close friend to Lorelai who gave her incredible advice. 

2. She loved Rory, Lorelai’s daughter, and was always happy for her accomplishments, even if it led to starting a fire. 

3. She always had a great explanation for the mistakes she made or why she was late for something. 

4. As a chef, she knew all the right ingredients to make a dish perfect. 

5. If Rory’s boyfriend Logan can return for the reboot, why can’t Sookie?! 

There is still plenty of time before Gilmore Girls comes back to Netflix, so we hope Melissa McCarthy will reprise her role as Sookie and continue to make audiences everywhere laugh! 

Photo credits: Cover Image, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6