burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Who is VS Angel Jasmine Tookes?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Victoria’s Secret just announced that Jasmine Tookes will be wearing the highly-anticipated “Fantasy Bra” in this year’s Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show in Paris. The bra is made of diamonds and emeralds and is worth $3 million dollars. If you aren’t familiar with Jasmine, here are 5 facts about Victoria Secret’s new superstar. 

1. She began modeling at the age of 15

Jasmine landed her first modeling campaign for Ugg Boots and Gap in 2010. She was also selected by “Style” as its top new model in 2011. Since 2010, she has walked the runway for Versace, Tom Ford, Burberry, DKNY, and Miu Miu, just to name a few. 

2. She became a Victoria’s Secret Angel in 2015

She was chosen as one of the 10 new Victoria’s Secrets Angels in 2015 and since has become one of the biggest faces of the brand. She first appeared on the VS runway in 2012. Jasmine joins the ranks of Candice Swanepoel, Heidi Klum, and Adriana Lima of angels who have worn the Fantasy Bra. She is the second African American woman after Tyra Banks to model the bra. 

3. She is a fitness fanatic 

The fact that Jasmine is a VS Angel as well as a fitness fanatic is no surprise to us. She even set up a joint Instagram account focused on fitness with fellow VS Angel Josephine Skriver. The instagram account @JoJa offers gym tips, healthy eating suggestions, and ways to work out with your best friend. 

4. Fashion runs in her family 

Her mother Carly Robinson is a celebrity stylist. In fact, she was actually discovered in one of her mother’s showrooms when she was a teenager. 

5. She’s dating fellow model Tobias Sorenson 

She has been dating Danish model Tobias Sorensen for 4 years. They even appeared in a Calvin Klein fragrance campaign together last year. They are literally #couplegoals. 

Photo Credits: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Tamara Young is a sophomore studying Political Science and Public Communications. 
Tanvi is an overcaffeinated senior at American University, studying Political Science and Communication. She's originally from Princeton, New Jersey and will defend her home state forever. When she's not managing HCAU, you can find Tanvi somewhere with a functional espresso machine, pretending to study while actually crying over Beyoncé's Instagram. Tanvi enjoys coffee, food, London, and strong female role models. According to a Buzzfeed quiz, Tanvi is the "Smashing A Car With A Golf Club" part of the "Blank Space" music video. In her spare time, she likes to moonlight as a standup comedian on Twitter (@tanvi0731), and read The Atlantic and Vogue.