Where in the World is Kate?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Hello collegiates,

I cannot believe I only have three weeks left in London.  It feels like just yesterday when I moved into my sardine can of a dorm room, went to Hogwarts, had high tea and saw the crown jewels for the first time.  But who is the one person I want to see more than Hogwarts, high tea and the crown jewels combined?  Duchess Kate!

As bad luck would have it I trekked to all of her favorite haunts: LK Bennett, Russell and Bromley, Peter Jones, Zara Home and even made the trip over to Kensington Palace and no sign of Kate!

Kate shopping at Zara Home

The last two times the Duchess of Cambridge was spotted by the press, she was riding on a bus from High Street Kensington, one tube stop away from my internship and shopping at Peter Jones on Kings Road, a five minute walk from my dorm yet each time I managed to miss her by five minutes!!  The definition of a true Katetrocity.

Kate on a bus from High Street Kensington

Kate shopping at Peter Jones

Due to poor planning, I also missed Prince George’s christening because I was on mid semester break.  

Prince George’s christening

Friends and family have been telling me for weeks to get on my “A” game. I am running out of time and I have to make this happen or I will have a Katetrocity on my hands!

Finding the Duchess is like looking for a needle in a haystack so I have an official game plan.  On Thursday, December 5th I am parking myself directly in front of the Odeon Leicester Square where the Duke and Duchess will attend a movie premiere.  I will be patiently waiting their arrival, camera in hand and hope to share with you in my final study abroad blog my future coveted photos of Kate up close.

All joking aside, my real admiration for the Duchess stems from her great work with many charities including children’s hospice, art therapy for children and Action on Addiction, whose primary focus is to help addicts and their children through a course of action and treatment.  Kate’s deep commitment to these charities will bring the issue of children’s cancer, art therapy and addiction into the spotlight with the hope of educating the public about the critical importance of these issues.  

Kate volunteering at one of her many patronages 

Now that is someone to admire, royal or not.

Until next time collegiates!