What to Expect at the AU Involvement Fair

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

It’s no secret that joining clubs is one of the best (and easiest!) ways to make friends. Not only do you get to relax and take a break from school, you get to meet a bunch of people who you share common interests with. If you’re looking for a crash course in clubs and organizations on campus, the American University Involvement Fair is a must to attend. Organizations set up tables on the quad and students can walk around, talk to people from diffrent clubs and get free swag. For just a sneak peek of what’s in store, here are some of the groups you’ll see out there on Wednesday.

Greek Organizations 

No matter if you’re a legacy or have never even thought about rushing, check out the Greek life on campus. American has both social and pre-professional fraternities and all of them are really awesome organizations.

Intermural and Club Sports

If you’re not quite at the D1 athlete level, but still want to play your favorite sport (or try a new one), there are plenty of sports on campus. Between practices and games, you’ll automatically have a group of people who you can bond with.

Religious Organizations

No matter what your beliefs are, there is an organization of people that will support you on campus. You have the opportunity to participate in services and fun activities in the extremely welcoming organizations. 

Student Media

You’ll get a glimpse at the student-run media on campus, which includes a range of publications (like Her Campus!), the ATV station, WVAU, and more. There are eight great organizations to pick from. 

Political Organizations

Living up to its name as one of the most politically active schools in the country, American has a variety of political and government organizations to fit people with all sorts of views. From AU Republicans to Democrats and everything in between, we’ve got you covered.

Performing Arts

Take this opportunity to learn a new style of dance, or join an acapella group (a la Pitch Perfect). American is full of cool, creative people— go meet them!

Remember, this is just a sample of the organizations at the involvement fair, so go out on the quad and see them all for yourself. The event runs from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on Wednesday. We hope to see you there!

Photo Credits

1. Pinterest

2. commons.wikimedia.org

3. erinmotz.com

4. en.wikipedia.org

5. scotscoop.com

Monica is a freshman at American University and is studying for a B.A. in Journalism, and is still deciding what else she wants to do with her life. She's super excited to be a member of Her Campus American and experience college life. Right now her favorite things to do include exploring DC, dancing, reading fashion magazines and binge-watching television shows.