This Week’s Pinterest Picks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

I am the Queen of Procrastination. I have such a hard time focusing on one particular task, especially when it is school-related. During all the times I can’t focus I turn to my one, true addiction: Pinterest. With 19 different boards and thousands of pins, I am always finding awesome new things to try. So here are a few of the most pinteresting things I found this week! 

Nutella French Toast with Strawberries – honestly, this dish is breakfast heaven. As a fan of Nutella, and a lover of strawberries this is one Pinterest recipe that absolutely needed to be repined. The recipe comes from the site The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife, a website with hundreds of delicious and unique recipes. This recipe is especially easy to make, the recipes calls for the traditional ingredients for French toast plus some Nutella and strawberries. It’s simple, and unbelievably good! 

Here’s a story to brighten up your day. This story comes from Buzz Feed’s 14 Stories That Prove Animals Have Souls and even made me tear up a little bit. Two men decided to raise a baby lion and set him free into the wild once he was too big to care for. When they returned two years later to visit him they expected the lion wouldn’t remember them, but against all odds he did and greeted the men with a big ol’ lion hug. Check out the YouTube video for a pick me up. It’s sooo adorable, I ain’t lion. 

If you don’t have a Twitter account by now, you probably don’t have a social life. Just kidding. But in all seriousness, Twitter plays an important role in many people’s social lives and even in today’s social media based society. This Levo League article by Carly A. Heitlinger, the creator of the amazing blog The College Prepster, gives all Twitter users 5 tips on what to avoid when they are getting their Tweet on. It’s a #mustread. 

Feeling crafty? Want to literally wear your heart on your sleeve? Try out this easy and adorable trick to spice up a plain, wool sweater! This craft from the blog, Design Sponge, can be done right from your dorm room! All you need is your favorite wool sweater, a Woolfiller Kit and a heart shaped stencil or even cookie cutter. According to the blog the entire project takes about 30 minutes! So take a study break and make something that everyone will heart.

I don’t know about you, but for me waking up every morning to get ready for class is such a struggle, especially when it comes to doing my hair. Honestly though, who has time to curl or straighten their hair before class every morning? And not all of us are blessed with perfect Taylor Swift like locks. So lately my go-to hairstyle has been a ponytail, but as Gretchen Weiners once said, “You can only wear your hair in a ponytail once a week.” So if you want to follow the rules of girl world, check out this awesome blog that shows you 15 cute and easy ways to wear your hair up!

What are the most pinteresting things you’ve found? Follow Her Campus AU on Pinterest for more of our favorite finds!