This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

We decided to start our own podcast! There’s only so much you can say in an article, but wow is there a lot we can say in a conversation. We realized that we have all these great conversations in our meetings about things we’re passionate about and not all of them make it to articles. So we turned those conversations into a podcast that you can listen to. These conversations are with women on campus who talk about a wide range of issues that matter to them. Our first episode is all about Instagram and the pressures of social media as women in college. We talked to Kyla Jonas and Kaylie Anderson about their experiences with social media fame. Check it out below.

Katrina is a senior at American University, studying Broadcast Journalism and Sociology. She is currently the President of Her Campus American. She was born and raised in Boston, Massachusetts. When she's not writing for HCAU, you can find her traveling the country, interning at WJLA, or working at the campus gym front desk. Katrina loves cats, white chocolate mochas, and Beyoncé. In the future, she hopes to be a local reporter back in Boston.
Hey fellas! My name is Penny Kmitt (or, @pennylikeacoin)! I am currently a junior double majoring in both Journalism and American Studies at American University. My greatest academic passion lies in the ways in which media effects culture, so the combination of these two majors has been perfect for me! I just spent the summer sleeping on a couch in the big apple so I could intern at NBC's headquarters at 30 Rock, where I worked for Bravo. I not only met 9 of the Real Housewives, but I learned so much about the digital media world and entertainment news. Although I will be working for NBC Sports Washington in the Spring, I am spending this semester studying in Copenhagen, Denmark and traveling throughout Europe. I have a blog about my abroad experiences if you ever care to give it a little gander: https://pennylikeacoin.wordpress.com/. Otherwise, I am just an average All-American girl from small town, Ohio. I love cheeseburgers, local beer, Cleveland sports, and live music.
Jackie Anyanwu is a senior at American University, studying Public Relations and Marketing. Jackie is Her Campus American's Social Media Director and when she's not scrolling through Instagram, she's embarking on her latest Netflix binge or creating yet another Spotify playlist. Jackie is a self proclaimed media and pop culture junkie, interested in the Fashion and Entertainment industries. She is passionate about sharing unique and diverse voices through the power of storytelling and hopes to make a difference in the representation of marginalized groups in the fashion and entertainment industries.