This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

We have finally arrived at the most wonderful time of the year! The leaves are changing colors, the weather is getting cooler and we can finally drink hot chocolate without feeling judged by our local Starbucks baristas. Now that it is officially autumn, all beauty addicts know that it’s finally time to swap out our bright, glossy lips for a deep and sultry matte look. These are some of the top fall shades that you need to get your hands on!

1. ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip in LAX ($6)

ColourPop has recently blown up on the beauty scene for their luxury, quality products that are cheap. LAX is a blackened red that will allow you to channel your inner Morticia Addams.

2. Too Faced Melted Liquefied Longwear Lipstick in Melted Fig ($21)

This easy-to-apply liquid lipstick has a beautiful shine with color that lasts for hours. The best part about this lipstick is that when it starts to wear down, it leaves a stain behind on the lips. Melted Fig is a stunning berry shade that is very wearable.

3. Revlon Matte Balm Stain in Smitten ($7)

The Revlon Matte Balm is a jumbo lip pencil that allows you to apply this mesmerizing berry shade with ease. It is chock full of moisturizers that will keep your lips hydrated all day while you rock the fiercest lip of your life.

4. Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor in HD Addiction ($7.19)

HD Addiction is a true berry shade that is as rich in color as it is moisturizing. It is so lightweight that you’ll often forget that you’re wearing it!

5. Kylie Cosmetics Lip Kit in Love Bite ($27)

Kylie Jenner has taken the beauty world by storm with her new cosmetics line. For $27, you get a Lip Liner and a Liquid Matte Lipstick to achieve the coveted “Kylie Lip”. While not everyone loves Kylie, her lipsticks come in stunning shades that last for hours. Love Bite is a beautiful purple mauve that is perfect for an everyday fall lip. The color isn’t too intense but it can definitely still be considered vampy.  

6. Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain in Marvelous Mauve ($14)

While fall is the season for berry lips to dominate the beauty scene, it doesn’t mean that pinks don’t have a place. Marvelous Mauve is better described as a dark pink than any sort of purple. It goes on smoothly and dries quickly, leaving behind the perfect matte lip.

7. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Copenhagen ($6)

While many NYX products are either hit or miss, their matte lip creams are a definite home run. This cult favorite feels lightweight on the lips while also being full color. Copenhagen is an intense plum shade that makes you feel as if your lips were stained by a red wine.

8. MAC Cosmetics Lipstick in Plumful ($17)

This list would not be complete without having at least one MAC lipstick. Beauty experts and novices alike agree that MAC produces the best lipsticks on the market. This plum color with a light rose tint has an incredibly creamy texture that glides on beautifully.

These recommendations should get you started on rocking your best fall lip!

Photo Credits: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9