The Top 5 Reasons Dr. Mindy Lahiri Rocks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

If anyone is as avid a watcher of The Mindy Project as I am, then you’ll know exactly what I’m talking about. Dr. Mindy Lahiri is arguably one of the most amazing TV characters out there. If you don’t watch The Mindy Project, you need to start. If these top five reasons why Dr. Mindy Lahiri rocks don’t convince you, I don’t know what will.

1.     She doesn’t have it together, and neither do we!

No one will confidently parade the fact that she doesn’t have it together as well as Mindy Lahiri. She knows she doesn’t have it together and she’s completely okay with that. Her dating life is a mess, she spends more money on emojis than her rent and she’s way too involved in other people’s lives. Despite all of that, she still walks around with her head held high and gets her job done. We should all take a tip from Mindy because, let’s face it, none of us have it all together and that’s okay!

2.     She says what’s on her mind.

Mindy never misses a beat when she has something to say. Whether it’s funny, sarcastic, a little rude, or just flat-out weird, she never hesitates to speak her mind. She says what she wants, when she wants and how she wants.

3.     She’s confident.

Not only does she say what she wants, but also Mindy does it with confidence. Mindy stands with her back straight and head held high. Her confidence shines through in every aspect of her life, and that’s something we should all admire.

4.     She gets to date Danny Castellano.

Not only does Mindy have the perfect outlook on life, but she also has the perfect boyfriend. Ladies, Dr. Danny Castellano is a man after all of our hearts. He’s a Yankees fan, he’s witty and he respects Mindy. And if that doesn’t seal the deal, I have two words for you: Diamond Dan.

5.     Her sense of style never fails to impress.

Mindy rocks bright colors and fun prints all year round. Her outfits are always on point for every occasion and she wears them with complete confidence. She owns every outfit she wears, whether it’s a fun pencil skirt and button down combo or a sparkly, sequined dress for a night out. Mindy knows she looks good and owns it too. 

Cover Image

Gif Credit: 1, 2 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Excited, free and happy are three words Arielle would use to describe herself. Currently a senior at American University, Arielle is studying print journalism and art history. A lover of traveling, exploring and getting flat out lost, Arielle one day hopes to become a professional travel writer. When she's not writing for Her Campus, you can find her sipping on a cup of coffee, wandering through a musuem or reminiscing about London. She believes that life is always better while on a rooftop. Keep up with Arielle and her adventures on Instagram or Twitter (@okarielle), or take a look at her blog, okarielle.com. Stay happy and stay exploring.