Don’t have time to go to TDR between all your studying and homework? Only have an hour before you next class and need to make a quick meal? Don’t feel like leaving your nice warm dorm room? Now you don’t have to! Just follow these five quick recipes for fun, healthy microwavable snacks that you can make right in your dorm.
1. Gather half of a chopped apple, 1/2 cups of rolled oats, 1/8 teaspoons of ground cinnamon and a pinch of salt.
2. Mix the apple, oats, cinnamon and salt in a microwave-safe bowl with a cup of water.
3. Cover and seal the bowl with plastic wrap or a tight-fitting lid.
4. Microwave on high for about 8 minutes.
5. Stir in one tablespoon of maple syrup.
6. Transfer the oatmeal into a to-go cup or flask and bring it to class with you!
1. Combine 2 cups of shredded roasted skinless, boneless chicken breasts, 1/2 cup of chopped fresh cilantro, and 1/2 cup of bottle chipotle sauce in a medium-sized bowl and toss them well.
2. Lay 3 6-inch flour tortillas on a microwave-safe plate and spoon 1/3 cup of the chicken mixture above onto each tortilla.
3. Microwave each taco on high for 30 seconds.
4. Top off each taco with 2 tablespoons of tomato, 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese, 1 tablespoon of avocado, and 1 1/2 teaspoons of sour cream.
5. Fold each tortilla and enjoy your tacos!
1. Prick one medium potato with a fork in several places and microwave on high for about 5 to 6 minutes.
2. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine 1 can of black beans, 1 can of corn, 1 diced tomato, 1 teaspoon of extra-virgin olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
3. Microwave this mixture on high for about 1 or 2 minutes.
4. Once the potato cools down, cut it in half and spoon the bean mixture onto the potatoe
5. Top it off with a dollop of sour cream! Yum!
1. Put 4 tortillas on a microwave-safe plate.
2. Top each tortilla with 4 cups of apple slices and a 1/4 cup of cheese.
3. Fold each tortilla in half and microwave on high for about 20 seconds!
1. Microwave chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl until they melt. Be careful to take them out of the microwave before the chocolate burns! Wait until the chocolate chips are almost melted, but not completely melted.
2. Stir the chocolate chips until they are completely melted.
3. Add one teaspoon of canola oil to the chocolate and stir until the mixture is well blended.
4. Dip the fresh strawberries in the chocolate, coating both sides. Make sure you dip the strawberries before the chocolate hardens around the bowl!
5. Dip the strawberries in sprinkles, peanuts, coconut shavings, or whatever you prefer!
6. Place wax paper on a plate and let the strawberries cool in the fridge for about 30 minutes.