Taylor Kennedy ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Name: Taylor Kennedy

Hometown: Albany, NY

Major: Public Communication

What made you choose your major: I came into American University as a History major, but soon realized the field was very limited. I took Understanding Media as a GenEd second semester freshman year and loved the versatility of a career in communications. I love PR because it’s such a diverse field that covers a lot of areas. It’s fun and challenging, and I’m allowed to be creative and a little crazy!

Favorite place you’ve traveled: It’s a major toss up between County Clare, Ireland, where my family is from, and London, England

Dream travel destination: Santorini, Greece; mostly for the feta cheese and spanakopita

Dream job: Instagramming the Olympic Games for Team USA

If you were a fictional character, who would you be: I’d like to say I’m Rachel Green from Friends, but in reality it’s more Mia from the Princess Diaries, pre-makeover; mostly because I’m incurably awkward.

Favorite place in DC: Tidal Basin during Cherry Blossom season

Favorite experience at AU: Swimming in the Katzen Fountain last spring

What is your secret talent: It’s not really a secret, but I’ve been a figure skater since I was five

Ideal date: April 24 because it’s not too hot and not too cold. All you need is a light jacket!

What’s the crazy thing you’ve ever done: Hitchhiked from the Cliffs of Moher to Galway City after getting stranded on the Cliffs by unreliable Irish public transportation

One item from your bucket list: Compete for Team USA as a Synchronized Skating athlete in the Olympic Games

Elyse is currently a senior at American University studying foreign language and communications with a focus in Spanish and print journalism. She is originally from Scranton, Pennsylvania and in her spare time she likes to do yoga, read, and binge-watch Netflix when she's supposed to be studying.