Sydney Bevando and Tamara Young ’18: BooHoo Ambassadors

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Starting their fashion careers early during their freshman year, Sydney Bevando and Tamara Young decided to take on becoming BooHoo ambassadors. They are putting their skills to test to help launch BooHoo on the American University campus. Whether it is collecting social media followers or having events, they combines their passion for communications and the fashion industry in this position.

HCAU: How does Boohoo differentiate from other online clothing stores?
SB: Boohoo is very different from other online stores and even other UK brands because of its constant new trends and really affordable prices. Everything is updated consistently and there is always a really good sale going on.

TY: Boohoo is different because its one of the largest European clothing websites that always has a 25% off promo code active. They are very conscious of not letting their costumers break the bank when they are ordering clothes. It’s very affordable especially on a college student budget. Boohoo is also unique because they provide a large selection of plus size clothes that are the same as the other products they sell in smaller sizes. The company wants to appeal to everyone and they do a good job of doing that. 

HCAU: Why did you decide to become BooHoo ambassadors?
SB: I have always wanted to work in PR and when I saw this opportunity that mixed fashion and my desired career I knew it would be really good to aim for and when I found out that they picked me I was beyond excited.

TY: Honestly, when I saw the application on Her Campus American I was like this sounds very interesting I should apply for this. Incorporating social media and fashion which I love is what motivated me to apply to the program. 

HCAU: What are your responsibilities as BooHoo ambassadors?
SB: We have to submit weekly status reports and update our social media accounts accordingly to what is going on with the new trends or just what is happening on campus. We also have events that we have to have on campus to further promote the brand and gain followers for the social media pages.

TY: I’m the social media manager and I run our BooHoo accounts on twitter, facebook, and instagram. I post items that costumers should consider buying and we also have a Polyvore account of outfits we deem fashionable to our followers. I post new promo codes that our followers can use to get 25% off their items.

HCAU: What are the benefits from being an ambassador?
SB: We have so many amazing benefits! We get to shop on Boohoo whenever we want with our store credit and we have exclusive insight of what the upcoming styles are and what trends are about to hit the site way before they are revealed to the public.

TY: The benefits is creating relationships with people through BooHoo clothes. When I wear BooHoo, I get to tell people my experience with the brand and how they should consider shopping on the site. Also, I have grown close with Sydney, the PR/Event Manager.

HCAU: What can we expect from BooHoo during the spring semester? (events, giveaways, etc.)
SB: More giveaways! Cute spring trends and another event for the semester! But that’s a secret so we can’t share too much!

TY: We are required to host one event each semester so in December we are having a free BooHoo giveaway of clothes and accessories. Stay tuned for that! Every few weeks our promo code changes so there is always a 25% off promo code. 

HCAU: Who are your fashion role models?
SB: My major role models are Lauren Conrad, Sofia Richie, Alli Simpson, and Miranda Kerr.

TY: My fashion role models are Rihanna and Michelle Obama. I mean Rihanna was deemed a fashion icon by CFDA because she takes risks when it comes to fashion. The prep in me absolutely adores Michelle Obama’s wardrobe. 

HCAU: What are your favorite BooHoo pieces and how do you style them?
SB: My favorite piece of all time is these booties I bought. All my friends steal them and they go with everything.

TY: BooHoo’s sweaters are my favorite pieces because you can dress them up or down.

To get pieces like Sydney’s and Tamara’s, use the code AUSTYLESQUAD4 for a 25% discount.
 Colleen V. Antonio is a student at American University in Washington DC. She is majoring in Public Communication with minors in Marketing. She is a member of the sorority, Phi Sigma Sigma. Currently, Colleen writes and is President for HerCampus American, which combines her interests in fashion, food, and entertainment in the local DMV area. One day she hopes to find a job with all these interests that will enable her to travel around the world. During her free time, Colleen enjoys exploring the city whether it is heading to listen to an underground band at Black Cat with her friends or even just eating cookie dough ice cream on the steps of the National Portrait Gallery.