Student Government Announces Founder’s Day Location & New Ticketing System

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

American University’s Student Government is kicking off the Spring semester right with a Founder’s Day that’s better than ever. This year Founder’s Day Ball will be held on February 21st from 8:00pm to 11:00pm at the Smithsonian’s National Air and Space Museum in Washington, D.C. The celebration will be the largest in history with 2,000 guests, compared to the 1,300 in 2014. Student Government has also decided to do away with the old system of waiting in line in person to secure a spot. Tickets will now be available online at Eventbrite on a first come, first serve basis.

Ticketing times:

Monday January 26th, 12:00am & 10:45pm

Tuesday January 27th, 8:45am & 8:15pm

Wednesday January 28th, 7:00am & 4:00pm

Thursday January 29th, 11:40am & 7:00pm 

Friday January 30th, 10:00am & 2:45pm

Saturday January 31st, 10:00am & 5:30pm 

Sunday February 1st, 11:00am & 3:00pm

For more information about the event, please contact Co-Directors Chandler Thornton and Patrick Kelly via email at founders@ausg.org. Check out the Facebook event for updates.

Image Credit: 1 2

Born and raised in Princeton, New Jersey, Claire Shriver is a Public Communication major and Marketing minor at American University in Washington, DC. She is the Editor-in-Chief for Her Campus American, Vice President of Communication for AU Social Media Club and an AU Ambassador. This past summer she interned in the Features Department at Marie Claire magazine and has a passion for travel, magazines, and film photography. Kristen Wiig makes Claire cry with laughter and Adele makes her swoon.
Mikala Rempe is a sophomore at American University in Washington, D.C., originally from Omaha, Nebraska. She is a literature major with a minor in creative writing. In addition to writing for Her Campus, Mikala is on staff for the AmLit, AU’s premiere literary arts magazine. In her free time she loves to read, and cook. She spends most of her days accidentally spilling coffee on her own poetry. She hopes this isn't a metaphor.