Spring Break Travel Essentials

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

For all of you jet setters heading off to tropical destinations or to your childhood home, there are several travel necessities for this spring break.

Sleeping Mask

I know this fashion statement should be reserved for Blair Waldorf, but if you have a flight over three hours, you will most likely get bored of your permitted electronics and just want to conk out. Meanwhile, this mask will give you at lease the guise of privacy. It also saves you from awkward plane small talk.

Magazines

To be honest, stocking up on People Magazine, Cosmopolitan and fashion magazines is my favorite part about flying. Rarely in life do you have a block of time that is solely for checking in with celebrity gossip and new beauty tips.

A Tote Bag

TSA took pity on materialistic travelers and allows one personal item (like a purse) and one carry on. They never set a limit on how large the bag can be (within reason). This way when you are faced with a Sophie’s choice between two pairs of shoes, you have the opportunity to pack both! This Nine West bag is incredibly chic and would make for a very happy traveler.

Laptop Case

Never have that moment of paralyzing fear when you open your laptop, expecting to see a cracked screen. With laptop sleeves not only do you add a pop of color to your travel tote bag, your computer is sure to survive your flight, even if you are a clumsy traveler.

Snacks

On my last flight I had to resort to purchasing an online meal, while it wasn’t horrible, I would rather not pay $9.50 for a box of cheese and crackers. Due to TSA regulations, you cannot pack any liquids, but that doesn’t mean your chocolate chip cookie or banana won’t be permitted on board.