Spring Break: Beach Essentials

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

It’s that time of year again! It’s time to finally say goodbye to the cold and dreary winter and hello to the beautiful warmth of springtime. And what better way to start a new season right than underneath the warm sun on the beach? So before Spring Break 2013 comes around, check out these great beach essentials that’ll make your day at the beach even brighter.

Embroidered Cover Up, Aerie, $39.95

From beach to boardwalk, every girl needs a light cover up when she’s at the beach. This oversized embroidered cover up is the perfect cute and lightweight shirt. It can easily be paired with a great bathing suit or denim shorts.

Square Sunglasses, Forever21, $5.80

There’s no better way to block out the blazing sun than with a pair of fashionable sunglasses. With graduated lenses, you’ll have the perfect balance of light and dark. Find sunglasses that compliment your face and head to the beach looking great!

Neon Flip-Flops, Aerie, $24.95

Flip-flops are easily the best shoes to wear to the beach. Slip into these simple but stylish flip-flops for the boardwalk. These flip-flops are avaliable in multiple colors that’ll definitely show off a casual but fun personality. 

Floppy Floral Sun Hat, Forever21, $12.80

What’s a little more sun protection? A lightweight floppy pleated straw sun hat is the perfect finishing touch for a day at the beach. No worries. With this hat, you can still get that nice pre-summer beach tan. Plus, its floral ribbon can give your beach outfit the extra classy “oomph” it needs.

Beach Bag, Straw Studios via ebags, $45.59

When heading to the beach, beach bags are a must. Where else would you put all your belongings? In a straw waterproof beach bag, everything from your towel to your keys will be able to fit.