Spring Break 2015 Survival Kit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Spring Break 2015 is in full swing here at American University and collegiettes are out and about soaking up the sun in tropical destinations, skiing up North, traveling the globe and enjoying time in our backyard here in Washington, D.C.

We were lucky to receive a Spring Break Survival Kit from Her Campus Nationals and we want to send a huge shout to Nationals and all of the co-sponsors!

A glimpse into our Survival Kit:

• Luna bars to keep our energy up while hiking a mountain or sunbathing at the beach
  • Her Campus koozie for our chilled drinks
  • Personal alarm for a safer spring break
  • Not Your Mother’s shampoo, the perfect size to pack in your suitcase!
  • Sunglasses to protect our eyes
  • Some light beaching reading like The Intern’s Handbook by Shane Kuhn
  • Chipotle BOGO cards to keep us full and happy

Thank you again for the awesome care package! We hope all of our readers and writers are having a fantastic Spring Break and we can’t wait until everyone returns on Monday! 

Emma is a sophomore at American University, majoring in Journalism and minoring in Political Science and Women's Studies. She loves to write, journal, and blog in her free time. Emma is a Communications Intern at the Center for Health and Gender Equity (CHANGE), a non-profit in DC. She is a social media editor for Her Campus American.
Born and raised in Princeton, New Jersey, Claire Shriver is a Public Communication major and Marketing minor at American University in Washington, DC. She is the Editor-in-Chief for Her Campus American, Vice President of Communication for AU Social Media Club and an AU Ambassador. This past summer she interned in the Features Department at Marie Claire magazine and has a passion for travel, magazines, and film photography. Kristen Wiig makes Claire cry with laughter and Adele makes her swoon.