This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Washington, D.C. is a city constantly buzzing with events happening every weekend. Entering this world of art museums, restaurants, and historic monuments may seem overwhelming at first, but here are a few websites that are a must-see for planning your next weekend in The District!

Washington.org is a one stop shop for any events in the city. It includes activities from arts and culture to sports and outdoor recreation, and even has a list of over 100 things to do for free! If you don’t feel like putting down your week’s paycheck at brunch, check out the free fall concert series at the National Gallery of Art.

If you want to stay up to date on AU events as well as ones in Washington, check out TheMove. This student run weekly newsletter gives you a heads up on the latest club events, student showcases, and even trendy restaurants. TheMove caters to AU students, making it easy to break out of that campus bubble and explore new parts of the city.

Although Whole Foods and Giant are great, if you’re ever looking for some real fruits and veggies, you can’t beat the Dupont Circle Farmers Market. Every Sunday, Dupont Circle gets taken over by white tents serving anything from the freshest peaches to irresistible almond croissants. Farmers markets are a great way to support local businesses and get some treats to take home for your dorm room. Make sure to get there early for the Call Your Mother Deli stand!

If you’re looking for things to do this month in particular, we’ve got you covered. 

Art All Night, the annual arts festival downtown, will be hosting a branch in our very own Tenleytown. Studios and shops will open their doors throughout the night for visitors to take a closer look at our local artists.

This weekend also brings Washington’s H Street Festival. This 11 block event features live music, dance performances, fashion, poetry, and more. The festival showcases all different cultures, bringing the people of the district together for one big celebration of the city. 

At the end of the month, ProjectHERA, a nonprofit dedicated to supporting young women in the music industry, is putting on HERA Fest. This will be a music festival made up of all-female acts along with local vendors, activities, and even meet and greets with some of the performers. 

So, go ahead and explore the city!

Image credits: (1, 2, 3)

Denise Rogozin

American '22

Denise is currently majoring in Public Relations and Strategic Communication at American University. Denise was born and raised in Boston, Massachusetts. Aside from writing for HerCampus, she loves music and is a frequent visitor of DC's art scene.