Save vs. Splurge: Fitness Apparel & Accessories

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Whether you have a New Year’s resolution to fulfill, looking to have a healthier lifestyle, or you’re like me and just any excuse to wear yoga pants, this list provides the perfect assortment of fitness apparel that’s still cute and up to you if you want to save or splurge.

Tops

Tanks:

While it might be hard to imagine bearing your shoulders when it’s barely reaching 30 outside, tanks are a necessity especially when you’re really sweating it up.

Save

Forever 21 Perforated Workout Tank

Price: $10.80

Splurge

Nike Top

Price:$42

T-Shirts:

It might be tempting to use all your free blue crew t-shirts, I think these shirt make you look like you’re a pro when it comes to fitness, even if it’s really you’re first time at the gym.

Save

Hanes Jersey V-Neck T-Shirt

Price $5

Splurge

GapFit Breathe V-Neck T

Price:$24.95

Long Sleeve Shirts:

Whether you’re getting your workout outside or just feel cold in the gym, these chic tops will make a statement while still letting you breathe when you break a sweat.

Save

Kohls Long Sleeve Shirt

Price: $14.99

Splurge

Adidas Shirt

Price: $24

Zip-Ups:

I love zip-ups! They’re perfect for a light jacket (believe it or not spring is right around the corner!) and make you a little more put together when it’s a yoga pants-at-the-library kind of day.

Save

Old Navy Active Jacket

Price: $34.95

Splurge

Lulu Lemon Zip-Up

Price: $108

Bottoms

Shorts: While I’m a Norts girl (Nike shorts for those who don’t have an obsession yet), unfortunately they cost a pretty penny. These options are perfect for those who need a good pair and for those to continue or begin their norts addiction.

Save

Kohl’s Champion Shorts

Price: $8

Splurge

Nike Shorts

Price: $30

Crops: 

Hands down the most used pair of workout clothes I own. I have used them every season, outside, inside the gym, my room, the library; I could list forever.

Save

Forever 21 Colorblocked Workout Capris

Price: $10.80

Splurge

Lulu Lemon Crops

Price: $78

Pants:

Yoga pants are a necessity for every college girl. Whether you’re suffering from a Chipotle food baby or running that chipotle off at the gym, no matter the price of the pants, you will get your money’s worth.  

Save

Old Navy Yoga Pants

Price: $19.50

Splurge

Nike Yoga Pants

Price: $50

Accessories

Water Bottle

Even if you’re not working out a lot, we all need to drink more water. Take these to class, the library, and even your room. Just stay hydrated!

Save

Nalgene Water Bottle

Price: $9.99

Splurge

Lulu Lemon Water Bottle

Price: $28

Gym Bags

I don’t use a gym bag that much, but some pack heavier than I do. These cute bags are perfect and have a lot of room for all your gym needs!

Save

Apple & Bee Organic Canvas Tote

Price: $38

Splurge

LeSportsac Travel Tote in Black Shine

Price: $108

Shoes

Everyone needs a good pair of sneakers. Sneakers are a hard thing to not spend a lot of money on, but that’s because when it comes to sneakers, you really do get what you pay for.

Save

Nike Free Run 2

Price: $79.97

Splurge

Nike Free Run Shield iD

Price: $140