Rachel Bass ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

To say that I have a girl crush on Rachel Bass would be an understatement. She is one of the coolest girls that I have met this year. She has a wardrobe any collegiette would die for, is crazy passionate about justice and empowering women everywhere, and has no shame about belting out Beyonce’s top hits with confidence from her floor on any given Friday night. I was lucky enough to sit down with Rachel and ask her what makes her the hip chick that she is.

What is your hometown and major? I’m from right outside of Boston, and am majoring in Law & Society with a minor in Spanish. I’m thinking about double majoring in American Studies too!

What is your relationship status? My boyfreind Curt and I have been dating for almost two years.

What are your guilty pleasures? Probably Family Guy, puns, and not wearing pants whenever possible.

What is your dream job? The end goal is to be a Supreme Court judge 

What is something not many people know about you? I have a tattoo on my ribcage of “I love you” in sign language

Where are some place you want to travel before you die? Thailand, and all of East Asian in general are at the top of my list. I’d love to study abroad in South America too.

What is your favorite place in D.C.? National Museum of American History, I could spend days in there.

What are you involved with on campus/hobbies? I am an new member of Chi Omega, and work with Women’s Initiave in Student Government, my primary hobby is all things Beyonce.

Do you have any pet peeves? The patriarchy and just inconsiderate people in general.

What about phobias? Larva! I can’t even handle when people say the word, just thinking about it grosses me out.

Do you have any celebrity crushes? Growing up it was Orlando Bloom so I feel like I have to mention him, but now I have a total girl crush on Beyonce, obviously.

What’s on your playlist right now? Bruce Springsteen, The Black Keys, Amy Winehouse, Adele, and Ingrid Michaelson.

What is the best advice anyone has ever given you? When I was in first grade I had a teacher that told me I wasn’t perfect, and I feel like that is always something that I have to remember to keep myself in check.

How would you describe your style? I don’t really think about it too much. I like to be put together, but still relaxed. 

If only we could all be as relaxed and put together as Rachel!

Mikala Rempe is a sophomore at American University in Washington, D.C., originally from Omaha, Nebraska. She is a literature major with a minor in creative writing. In addition to writing for Her Campus, Mikala is on staff for the AmLit, AU’s premiere literary arts magazine. In her free time she loves to read, and cook. She spends most of her days accidentally spilling coffee on her own poetry. She hopes this isn't a metaphor.