The Princess Diaries 3 May Be Happening!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Do you remember seeing the story of Princess Amelia Migonette Thermpolis Renaldi of Genovia (also known as Princess Mia) grace the big screen in The Princess Diaries 1 and 2? Do you miss learning about her journey from an awkward teenager to a graceful princess (and maybe find true love in the process)? Are you ready for a reunion of your favorite royals, Princess Mia (played by Anne Hathaway) and Queen Clarisse Renaldi (played by Julie Andrews)? If so, get excited, because a Princess Diaries 3 may be coming to movie theaters soon!

Recently, Gary Marshall, director of the first two films, said in an interview, “I was with Anne Hathaway a couple weeks ago, it looks like we want to do Princess Diaries 3 in Manhattan.” He also stated that he would wait until Anne Hathaway, who is currently pregnant, has her child before starting to film the movie. 

Although there are currently no concrete details in place for when this film will be released, it will surely be regal! When we last left Mia in The Princess Diaries 2: The Royal Engagement, she had decided that she was able to rule the country of Genovia herself, without getting married beforehand. Although she was officially coronated as Queen of Genovia, she still had a love interest: Lord Nichola Devereaux, played by Chris Pine. Will Chris Pine return to his role as this dreamy royal in the new movie, and will he finally get married to Mia? Or will Mia’s boyfriend Michael Moscovitz from the first movie show up in Genovia to win back her heart? And what ever happened to Mia’s beloved cat, Fat Louie? Only time will tell…

We can’t wait for more details about The Princess Diaries 3 to be released! 

Photo Credit: 1, 2, 3, 4
Kiely is a sophomore at American University studying art history. She loves literature, museums, coffee, and cupcakes.