Life > Experiences

Need some last-minute holiday gifts? No worries, HCAU has everything you need!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

As the holiday season rapidly approaches, many people are struggling to find great gifts for the lovely people in their lives. Don’t worry, some great ideas are headed your way. 

1. For the makeup lover in your life: Glossier sets

Although these cute, decked-out-in-green-and-red makeup kits are sold out online, the Glossier DC store has these great sets. There are three holiday sets: the Touch Up Kit, Eye Stars Kit and Cross Country Kit. The Touch Up Kit has a rollerball of Glosser’s You Perfume with a special, limited edition shade of an Ultralip called Cordial. Eye Stars contains Glossier’s Lash Slick mascara and a lidstar (liquid eyeshadow) special edition called Aurora. The Cross Country Kit has a toothbrush and toothpaste set provided by Marvis, a mini version of Glossier’s Milk Jelly Cleanser, a mini version of the After Baume and a mint flavor of their lip balm, called Balm Dot Com. 

1. For someone who seems like they have everything: An advent calendar

Advent calendars for the holidays work so well; they’re a gift that keeps on giving! Many cute, cool ones can be found on Etsy, and there are many different varieties to choose from. Here are a couple of options: a crystal advent calendar, a stationary advent calendar or a jewelry advent calendar. These can be used throughout the year, not just at Christmas! This type of gift can help with the after-holiday blues. 

1.  For the cute, fun friend you have: Stickers

Many different stickers can be found for whatever you need, whether it be a music lover, a person with a love for memes or other interests. Here are some great shops for stickers and other stationery: Woolblossom, SobreAlba or these other Etsy shops. They’re also affordable.

1. The friend with fun earrings always needs more

Etsy is a haven for fun, fashionable earrings. So many different types of earrings can be found, from fake chicken nuggets to mini books. Here are some recommendations: Pokemon, gyroids, moths (this shop has all types of amazing earrings) or frogs.

1. For the book nerd: A book embosser

A personalized book embosser is perfect for someone that loves reading. With this book embosser, people can create their own personal library, adding just a small touch to the books they have. 

No matter what you choose, keep these in mind as the idea of gifting comes dancing through your head like sugar plums. Happy Holidays.

Callie Whicker

American '26

I'm a political science and computer science student at AU, interested in writing!