Must See Concerts Before 2016 Ends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

One of the most fascinating characteristics of DC is its night life.  There is an amazing array of performances from any imaginable genre on a nightly basis. Just take your pick! So, before we say goodbye (and good riddance) to 2016, take advantage of what the city has to offer and check out some of DMV’s best concert spots to get your mind off of the insanity we have come to accept as daily life during the past year.  Here’s a sampler of some of the many events happening before the year is over:

Disney On Ice Presents Follow Your Heart

Whether you are a disneyphile, or just need a break from midterms, there is nothing like a little Disney magic to relieve the monotony.

• When:  October 19-23
  • Where: Eagle Bank Arena
  • Tickets: $18-60

Anthony Bourdain: The Hunger Tour

If you love food, this is the show for you.  Come to see Bourdain talk about his latest cook book and tell stories of his adventures as part of CNN’s Parts Unknown.

• When: October 27
  • Where: DAR Constitution Hall
  • Tickets: $40-85

Jeff Dunham- Perfectly Unbalanced Tour

Dunham is famous for his hilarious characters like Walter, Peanut, and Achmed, to name a few.  This is the perfect concert if you are in need of a good laugh!

• When: November 2
  • Where: Eagle Bank Arena
  • Tickets: $52.50

Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddess-Master Quest: 

As the first concert designed around a video game, this will be an entertaining evening for gamers and non-gamers alike.   

• When: November 5
  • Where: Warner Theatre
  • Tickets: $45-95

R Kelly Buffet Tour

Celebrate R Kelly’s new album “The Buffet” with his latest tour.

• When: November 13
  • Where: Verizon Center
  • Tickets: $65-105

A Christmas Carol

This classic Charles Dicken’s novel is brought to life is sure to get you into the Christmas spirit!  It is just a bonus that it takes place in the historic Ford’s Theatre.

• When: November 27- December 31
  • Where: Ford’s Theatre
  • Tickets: $25-105

Hot 99.5’s Jingle Ball

Perhaps one of the most anticipated events of the season, this year’s Jingle Ball will include performances by Megan Trainor, Fifth Harmony, Tove Lo, and a special appearance by Niall Horan.

• When: December 12
  • Where: Verizon Center
  • Tickets: $60-200

If none of these are your cup of tea, see what else is going on at venues like the Howard Theatre, Eagle Bank Arena, Verizon Center, Kennedy Center, Ford’s Theatre, Warner Theatre, and 9:30 Club.

Photo Credits: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5