Moments Where Taylor Swift Made Us Feel Fearless

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Ten years ago, Taylor Swift entered the music scene and became a role model for many of us. Although she is stereotyped for being boy-crazy, she has a great amount of wisdom she has learned from failed relationships which she incorporates into her lyrics. Oh, and did we forget to mention her charity work? Here are some of the top moments where Taylor made us feel strong and empowered. 

She taught us to ignore the haters.

A year and a half ago, Taylor released her first single from 1989 Shake It Off”. Not only was it her first song from the album, but it was the first song the album off her first all-pop album. Lyrics including “Haters gonna hate” and “I’m just gonna shake shake it off” teach fans to ignore what others say and not to let their words stop them from being themselves. 

Be yourself.

Whenever Taylor is at an awards show, she is always dancing, both on and off the camera. She is not afraid to show off her moves in front of celebrities and strangers. By looking at Taylor, fans learn to just be themselves; it is important to show your true personality. So don’t hide your personality, express it.

Support your pals.

Recently, Taylor won three Grammys for a total of ten Grammys in her entire career. Her friend and collaborator on album Red, Ed Sheeran, also won a couple of awards including “Best Song,” which she was nominated for as well. Taylor jumped around, hugged him tightly, and had a huge grin as her friend won the award. Always support your buddies even if you are competing with them for something.

Love yourself.

Taylor recently completed her 1989 tour that took place druing the majority of 2015. If you didn’tattend her concert last year, Taylor always gave a speech before her performance of “Clean”. She explains that females too often suffer from negative body image issues as well as negative thoughts about themselves. She states that she wants everyone to try to give themselves a break by thinking more positively about themselves.

Sisters before misters.

Last spring, Taylor released her music video for “Bad Blood” that led to her squad being born. Lately in the press, Taylor has been seen out and about with her celebrity girlfriends in the modeling, music, and acting businesses more than being involved in rumors of guys (although she’s still with Calvin Harris). Some of her famous pals include Gigi Hadid, Selena Gomez, and Ellen Pompeo. As we admire Taylor and her awesome squad, we remember that it is okay to hangout with girlfriends instead of worrying about guys.

Taylor continues to inspire us every day by her words and acts of wisdom and kindness. Even if she is dancing around or simply posting a picture on Instagram, Taylor always finds a way to make fans feel good. If you don’t know much about Taylor, all you need to remember is that you can always just listen to “Shake It Off” to ignore the haters.

Photo Creds: 1, 23, 4, 5, 6, 7