Meet the Her Campus American Team

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Meet the awesome team of ladies who are heading up American University’s Chapter of Her Campus!

Editor-in-Chief: Claire Shriver

Born and raised in Princeton Junction, New Jersey, Claire Shriver is a senior studying Public Communication and currently a Digital Intern at Powell Tate for Weber Shandwick. Her previous experience includes being an Advertising Sales Intern at Seventeen Magazine, Dean’s Intern for 1776 and Features Intern at Marie Claire Magazine. She spent a semester abroad in Rome, Italy and occasionally imitates Kristen Wiig and Hannah Horvath.

President: Grace Cassidy

Grace is a junior studying Literature, Creative Writing, and Women’s Gender and Sexuality Studies. She thinks yogurt is a good food, but she’s not a huge fan of eggs. Her interests include Ray Bradbury, Julio Cortazar, camels, funny tampon commercials, and her new-found love of The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari.

Managing Editor: Ali Follman

Ali is a junior studying print journalism, marketing and psychology. She is on the American University swim team and spends most of her days waking up at the crack of dawn and donning wet hair. When she’s not swimming, she’s rooting for the Green Bay Packers, reading glossy magazines, daydreaming about Paris, France and napping.

Section Editor: Mikala Rempe

Mikala is a sophomore studying literature on the creative writing track. She is originally from Omaha, Nebraska. In addition to Her Campus, Mikala is on the executive board for American Literary, AU’s premiere creative arts magazine, and she spends most of her days accidentally spilling coffee on her poetry, she hopes this isn’t a metaphor.

Section Editor: Vivian Chen

Vivian is a junior at American University, majoring in Business Administration with a specialization in Finance and a minor in Law and Society. She proudly hails from Long Island, New York AKA Strong Island. In her spare time, she enjoys cooking, eating and taking photos of her food. You can probably catch her binge watching TV shows on Netflix, scrolling through Instagram and Tumblr (at the same time) or obsessively stalking the Kardashians.Vivian is extremely excited to be a part of such an amazing organization on campus.

Social Media Director: Sarah Miller

Sarah is a Junior studying International Relations and minoring in Spanish from Pittsburgh, but she associates as more of a Boston girl after living there for 11 years. Go Patriots! She has interned with the Council on Hemispheric Affairs, a Latin American Nonprofits, and works at J. Crew. She has a fear of octopi and has cried many times at aquariums because of the weird tentacle creatures.

Social Media Editor: Lauren Hain

Lauren is a sophomore majoring in PR & Strategic Communication with minors in Marketing and International Business from Millbrae, California. From action packed sci-fi flicks to romantic dramas, she is a TV and movie junkie. But when she’s not watching something, she loves going to concerts, traveling abroad and going on food adventures.

Soical Media Editor: Emma Thomas

Emma is a sophomore from Coventry, Connecticut majoring in Print Journalism with minors in Political Science and Women’s Gender and Sexuality Studies. She interns at the Center for Health and Gender Equity. You can find her baking, doing yoga, or playing soccer. Emma loves to write passsionate articles about female empowerment and social justice issues. 

Director of Communication: Nadine Rotundo

Nadine, born in Upstate New York and new sunny Florida resident, is a junior studying Public Health. When she’s not taking a group exercise class, you can find her quadding with her venti Iced Caramel Coffee from Starbucks. She loves all animals four-legged, furry, and feathered, and plans to one day help all of the animals escape from the zoo. She is also on the Executive Committee for Phi Mu and is interning at the Bladder Cancer Advocacy Network this upcoming semester.

Internal Communications: Allie Erenbaum

When she’s not interning at the Kogod Center for Career Development, Allie Erenbaum loves getting off campus to explore and photograph the city. Allie is a sophomore majoring in Public Relations and Strategic Communication with a minor in Marketing and hopes to call D.C. her home after graduation. She can typically be found eating at Kramers in Dupont, scrolling through Twitter, and laughing like a manic with her incredible friends.

Arielle Witter: Event Director 

Arielle is sophomore from Bergenfield, New Jersey studying broadcast journalism and art history. Although she may be living in D.C., her mind is traveling around the world. Her favorite quote is by Ricky Gervais, and goes, “The best advice I’ve ever received is, “No one else knows what they’re doing either.”

Buisness Director: Maddie Bagley

Maddie is a senior studying Public Relations with a minor in marketing. She’s from Philadelphia, PA and loves the Phillies. Besides interning and classes, Maddie likes to try out cool restaurants in DC with her friends or watch netflix, because what college student doesn’t.

Buisness Assistant: Nicole Boczon

Nicole, a New Jersey native, is a junior pursuing a degree in Marketing and Finance with a passion for anything fashion related. When she’s not lifting weights at the gym, you can find her wondering the streets of DC clicking away at the shutter button on her camera, capturing moments as they occur. 

This staff is looking to make this the best chapter of Her Campus that American has ever seen!

Mikala Rempe is a sophomore at American University in Washington, D.C., originally from Omaha, Nebraska. She is a literature major with a minor in creative writing. In addition to writing for Her Campus, Mikala is on staff for the AmLit, AU’s premiere literary arts magazine. In her free time she loves to read, and cook. She spends most of her days accidentally spilling coffee on her own poetry. She hopes this isn't a metaphor.
Born and raised in Princeton, New Jersey, Claire Shriver is a Public Communication major and Marketing minor at American University in Washington, DC. She is the Editor-in-Chief for Her Campus American, Vice President of Communication for AU Social Media Club and an AU Ambassador. This past summer she interned in the Features Department at Marie Claire magazine and has a passion for travel, magazines, and film photography. Kristen Wiig makes Claire cry with laughter and Adele makes her swoon.