Mary Jo (MJ) Perdomo ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Name: Mary Jo (MJ) Perdomo

Class: Freshman

Major: International relations

Hometown: I was born in Girardot, Colombia; however, I moved to Flower Mound, Texas, when I was 11 years old

Favorite childhood TV show: Inuyasha (I was a huge anime fan as a child)

Favorite sports team: FC Barcelona 

If you were a candy, which one would you be: I would be sour patch kids because at first I’m sour, but then I’m sweet

Dream job: I would love to work for an international development organization focused in South America. I grew up in Colombia; therefore, helping with the development of Latin America is something that I am very passionate about. 

If you could go anywhere in the world tomorrow, where would you go: If I could go anywhere in the world, I would got to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I would cast a few spells and kick butt at quidditch.

Celebrity crush: Lionel Messi aka the best soccer player of our generation (also he’s a total babe!) 

If could eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would you eat: French fries

Describe your ideal date: My ideal date would be a plane ride to Madrid where we would watch a Barça vs. Real Madrid game, and Barça would win (of course!). Then we would gorge ourselves on empanadas and dance the night away. 

Something no one knows about you: I love comic books especially the Old Man Logan series. I actually ordered three online yesterday. Also, I am a selfie queen. 

Most inspirational person in your life: My mother. She brought both of us to the United States all on her own and never gives up on anything. Seeing how strong she is, no matter what situation she’s in, has inspired me to work hard and persevere even when times get tough.