Lauren Babb ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

There are three words to describe Lauren Babb: leader, politico, and stylish. 

At AU, Lauren is president of the sorority Delta Sigma Theta. The organization hosts Delta Week and raises money for various scholarship funds. Her involvement with the Greek community does not end there—Babb is also the secretary and treasurer of the National Pan-Hellenic Council, a community of nine African American fraternities and sororities.

Off campus, Lauren puts her majors of Political Science and Law and Society into good use. This summer, she managed to grab “one of the best opportunities [she] could have ever received” by applying for Obama for America’s summer fellowship. There, Babb worked her way up from the turf team and grew into her present position as a membership coordinator of the company’s college team. If you can’t find her working for this year’s Obama campaign, you’ll find Lauren promoting Universal Music Group as a Style College Representative. As a representative, she helps market new music and obtaining the opinions of fellow college students.

When asked about tips on how manages school, extracurriculars, friends, as well as family, Lauren finds relief with a simple laugh and lives by the motto: “never take anything too serious.” She also advises collegiettes to “keep a tight schedule and don’t forget to schedule some time for absolutely nothing.” She also manages to fit in a little TV to take notes of ABC Scandal’s lead character, Olivia Pope and her crisis management company (based on AU Alumna Judy Smith) for her dream job!

Fun Facts

Surprising Interests: “I absolutely am obsessed with my hometown Detroit, Michigan so
a big shout out to that place!”

Her Personal Style: “Comfortable and classic. I like to think my style is what makes me happy in that moment.”

For more information Delta Sigma Theta, follow @NADeltas!

Colleen V. Antonio is a student at American University in Washington DC. She is majoring in Public Communication with minors in Marketing. She is a member of the sorority, Phi Sigma Sigma. Currently, Colleen writes and is President for HerCampus American, which combines her interests in fashion, food, and entertainment in the local DMV area. One day she hopes to find a job with all these interests that will enable her to travel around the world. During her free time, Colleen enjoys exploring the city whether it is heading to listen to an underground band at Black Cat with her friends or even just eating cookie dough ice cream on the steps of the National Portrait Gallery.
Lesley Siu graduated from American University in May 2013 with a BA in Film and Media Arts and minors in Marketing and International Business. Originally from Hawaii, she loves photography, fashion, travel, social media and everything Parisian. She has interned at GLAMOUR magazine in New York and Washington Life Magazine in DC, but her proudest accomplishment is founding Her Campus American in 2011 while interning in Melbourne, Australia. You can usually find her reading a magazine, enjoying a hazelnut latte or posting a photo on Instagram... and sometimes, all at the same time. Follow her on Twitter: @lesleysiu and visit her blog.