Kylie Jenner Receives Heat for ‘Interview’ Magazine Photoshoot

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Kylie Jenner is currently receiving a lot of heat for a recent controversial photoshoot.

On Tuesday, Interview Magazine released Jenner’s cover photoshoot, which depicted 18-year-old Jenner as a retro-sex doll, with provocative poses of her being toted around on a man’s side and laying inside a shipping box.  

Looking past the booty cutout pants and the provocative retro sex-doll statement, Jenner was also photographed in a wheelchair. According to CNN, the photos bring about the long devalued depiction of disabled people in the media.

Many took to Twitter to share their thoughts, including those who are in wheelchairs. Below, Ophelia Brown sparks a conversation that this photoshoot is all but a fashion statement, instead a stab at those with disabilities.

Amidst the controversy, a representative from the magazine stated:

“At Interview, we are proud of our tradition of working with great artists and empowering them to realize their distinct and often bold visions. The Kyle Jenner cover by Steven Klein, which references the British artist Allen Jones, is a part of this tradition, placing Kylie in a variety of position of power and control and exploring her image as an object of vast media scrutiny.”

This is not the first time that Jenner is receiving extensive controversy over her photos. In the bring, she was depicted in black face for a futuristic photo-shoot, then called out for cultural appropriation after a photo of her wearing cornrows appeared on Instagram.

Jenner’s representative has not provided any comment thus far. 

Photo Credit: 1

Bagel lover and coffee aficionado from the East End of Long Island. You can find her brunching in DC on Sundays and harmonizing to every song on the radio.