The Kardashian’s Take on Armenia: A Mid-Season Premiere Recap

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

For all of you Kardashian obsessed fans like me, we can all breathe again knowing that our favorite family is back on the air. While it may have felt like eternity, last night’s mid season premiere of Keeping Up with the Kardashians was well worth the wait because we were finally able to witness the popular Armenian girls go back to the country of their ancestors.

The premiere begins with Kim, Khloe, Kourtney, Scott, Mason, Penelope, and newest member to the family Reign Aston Disick (who just can’t get any cuter), all gathering at Kourtney’s house for a homemade pizza dinner. The eldest Kardashian sister, Kourtney, questions where her youngest sister Kylie has been lately; she hasn’t been returning anyone’s phone calls or texts. Her sisters just want to make sure that she’s okay considering the emotional issues the family has been going through lately, i.e. Caitlyn Jenner’s transition.

While the family tries to figure out where Kylie is, Kim and Khloe begin to pack for what Kim calls, their “Armenian adventure.” In Khloe’s closet, the sisters reflect on how happy their late father, Robert Kardashian Sr., would have been, knowing that his kids were making the trip to Armenia.

Later on, Kris Jenner pays a visit to see her daughter Khloe’s newly completed pad, and also asks whether Robert Kardashian Jr. (who for the last couple of years has been suffering from weight and emotional problems, and has since chosen to remain out of the public eye) would be making the trip out to Armenia. Khloe responds by saying, “You know he’s not going. You guys have got to leave him alone, and let him have a breather.” After Kris explains more about why this trip could be eye opening for her son, Khloe makes a solid point by saying, “So you want to force him to go to Armenia with the most popular Armenian girl ever?”

Kim, Kanye West, North West and Khloe finally make it to Yerevan, Armenia. Khloe chuckles at the fact that all of these people keep shouting Kim’s name as if she is royalty. Government officials and crowds of people greet the Kardashians, who also had their first cousins Kourtni and Kara accompany them on the trip.

Back at the hotel, Kim explains she has some exciting news that she is dying to share with her sister Khloe. Kim finally announces that she is pregnant with her and Kanye’s second baby (which we now know is a boy due in December). Khloe could not be any more excited for her sister, but wants to make sure that her newly expectant sister doesn’t over exert herself on the trip.

While part of the Kardashian clan is taking over Armenia, back in LA, Kourtney explains to momager Kris that her youngest daughter has seemed to be M.I.A recently and nobody knows why. Kris chokes it up to the fact the Kylie is a teenager, but Kourtney doesn’t find that to be a valid excuse. Kylie even hangs up the phone on her sister and mother.

Back in Armenia, the Kardashian gang heads to an Armenian carpet factory, where they witness a fashion show full of Armenian clothing and also celebrate by eating traditional Armenian food and dancing.

Kylie finally decides to visit Kourtney and Scott, where Kylie immediately starts getting the run down of questions from her such as, “What is a day in the life of Kylie Jenner like?” and “What do you do at night?” Kylie doesn’t seem to be really invested in the conversation, but reluctantly agrees to spend more time with her family.

Kanye West, who we know is not really for being featured on his wife’s reality show, actually makes an appearance on the show when he visits the Tumo Center for Creative Technologies in Armenia. He listens to multiple performances and is really interested in what the center does for children and the arts.

Because Kylie seems do be doing her thing lately and has become really shady when it comes to what she’s doing or where she is, Scott takes it upon himself to crash a Kylie’s lunch with her friend. Scott explains that he thought something suspicious was going on, when in actuality there wasn’t. So I guess people can leave Kylie alone now, right? Not so fast…

Kourtney and Kylie finally are able to have an open conversation about how Kylie has been spending her time. Kylie admits to her sister that she has been spending a lot of time with her newly transitioned father Caitlyn Jenner, but she doesn’t tell anybody in her family especially her mother Kris because she doesn’t want her to get upset. Kourtney understands and even considers joining Caitlyn and Kylie for some family time later that day.

In Armenia, Kim and Khloe meet with a Genealogist who Kim had reached out to in order to find out more about their Kardashian ancestors. This woman was able to locate their great-great grand parents’ house in Gyumri, Armenia where the girls later visit. Historians of the town explained to the Kardashian’s as well as Kanye and North that the girls’ ancestors made a big impact in the town by opening up one of the more well-known cheese factories of Armenia.

Back at the hotel Kim cheers up her mother Kris by letting her know that she is in fact expecting again. Kris gets emotional and even makes Kim cry. Kris explains that happy news like that is what she has been needing to hear for a while.

Kim, Khloe, Kourtni, Kara, and Kanye later visit the Armenian Genocide Museum. The beautiful memorial took the girls’ breath away. Kim and Khloe set red flowers down and reflect on how much their dad would have loved to be there with them, and how important it was for him to explain the Armenia Genocide to his children.

For all of you obsessed Kardashian fans like me, gear up for a new episode of Keeping Up with the Kardashians next Sunday at 8 p.m.

Photo Credits: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7