Julia Nierenberg ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Name: Julia (Julianna) Nierenberg

Major: International Affairs, minor in Spanish Regional Studies

Year: Sophomore

Describe yourself in 3 words: Passionate, Hardworking, Outgoing

Clubs on campus: Phi Mu Fraternity, Jewish Student Association

Best college experience so far: Going on a White House Garden Tour last fall with one of my Phi Mu sisters and the Founder’s Day Ball at the National Portrait Gallery. These were super amazing experiences that couldn’t happen anywhere, but in DC.

If you were an ice cream flavor, what would you be and why: Ben & Jerry’s Chocolate Fudge Brownie. Does it really need an explanation?

Favorite thing to do in DC: Tryst. National Portrait Gallery. Waterfront. In that order.

Dream job: Ideally I would love to open a bakery / bookstore. More realistically, I’d be happy at the State Department or a non-profit that focuses on immigration reform.

Describe your ideal date: My ideal date would be pretty casual. Maybe a picnic, hiking, or museum-hopping. I just want a date where we can eat, talk, and laugh.

Favorite quote: “There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind.” – C.S. Lewis

or “Treat yo’self.”

1 Thing you want everyone to know about you: I was on ski team in Tahoe for about eight years.

If you could travel anywhere, where and why?: Jalisco, Mexico. I want to see where part of my family immigrated from. Even though I’m from California, I have never traveled to Mexico.

Emma is a sophomore at American University, majoring in Journalism and minoring in Political Science and Women's Studies. She loves to write, journal, and blog in her free time. Emma is a Communications Intern at the Center for Health and Gender Equity (CHANGE), a non-profit in DC. She is a social media editor for Her Campus American.
Born and raised in Princeton, New Jersey, Claire Shriver is a Public Communication major and Marketing minor at American University in Washington, DC. She is the Editor-in-Chief for Her Campus American, Vice President of Communication for AU Social Media Club and an AU Ambassador. This past summer she interned in the Features Department at Marie Claire magazine and has a passion for travel, magazines, and film photography. Kristen Wiig makes Claire cry with laughter and Adele makes her swoon.