This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

(*Pictured right)

Major: Accounting

Age: 20

Hometown: Syosset, New York

Job/internships held currently: Barista at Open City (National Cathedral location) & finance intern at Make-A-Wish Foundation.

Her Campus American University: What is your favorite thing to do on a snow day?

Jamie Bernowitz: My favorite thing to do on a snow day would be staying surrounded by great friends and great food. The most recent blizzard consisted of remaking almost every single “Tasty” video.

HCAU: What did you want to do when you were a little kid? (job wise)

JB: When I was a kid, I had new job ideas every week. So if I can combine all the major ones, I would be a dancing-horse training-fashion designing-restaurateur. I even had a PDA at age 9 to keep my life in order.

HCAU: What is your favorite guilty pleasure food and show/book/movie/magazine?

JB: My guilty pleasure would have to be anything cheesy. Mac and cheese, pizza, chicken parm…really anything with cheese on top. I secretly am obsessed with all the reality medium shows. Long Island Medium specifically because Theresa Caputo is amazing.

HCAU: Do you believe in love at first sight and why or why not?

JB: I 100% believe in love at first sight and I’m not just saying that because I’ve experienced it once or three hundred times before…but there is something so romantic about meeting someone and instantly having a true, passionate connection. I’m also a huge believer in the idea that everyone’s on the path to their own destiny, and how exciting is it to know that path may eventually converge with someone else’s!

HCAU: Do you think millennials have a harder time finding love/a life partner because of technology? Or do you think it is easier for us because of online dating?

JB: I think it truly depends on the type of person you are. For me, I am very comfortable with meeting new people and engaging in conversations in person, while for others the only way they may be able to speak to or meet new people is through dating apps. What I can say is, to each their own and the only way you may have a harder time finding love is by not putting yourself out there, whether it’s through online dating or by just living life to the fullest.

HCAU: If you had to go on a date somewhere on campus what would you do?

JB: I would want my campus date to consist of enjoying coffee outside of the Dav and then eventually setting up a comfortable spot on the quad to enjoy the stars.

HCAU: What do you think the biggest struggle is for young women in 2016?

JB: The stigma regarding wearing leggings everyday.