This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Everyone knows that the eyes are the windows to the soul. If the eyes are the windows to the soul, then clearly the eyebrows are the curtains that make those windows fabulous.

Actresses like Lily Collins and Cara Delevingne, who are famous for their thick, full brows, are becoming more popular every day. With their increasing popularity, thicker eyebrows are coming back in style. As thick brows become more popular, girls with thinner eyebrows are flocking to fill their eyebrows and achieve the youthful look that thick eyebrows give the face.

Brows are a hot topic on the media circuit and on the American University campus. While writing this article, I went on a hunt to find someone with excellent eyebrows, someone who could tell me their thoughts. When asked, Raquel Rios-Gomez, CSA freshman said, “You have to work with your natural eyebrow shape. Work with what you have.”

Jamie Loper, SOC freshman told me that, “Eyebrows can make or break you.” Jamie is absolutely correct in her assertion. Eyebrows can make a person’s face look different. Having eyebrows that are too angled for the features on a specific face shape can cause the person to look aggressive and harsh. On the other end, having eyebrows without any arch can cause the face to flop, and look more round.

When it comes to brows, it’s best to think about the look that you want to give your face. Young? Mature? Narrow? Wide? Visiting a trained threader can help you learn the proper shape, length, and thickness of the brow if you’ve never had your brows shaped before. As soon as the initial shaping is done, it’s easy to maintain the proper look with a trusty pair of tweezers.

Here’s a chart that can help first timers stay within the lines.

Some of the most popular beauty products today are products that help to polish eyebrows. NYX cosmetics carries an entire line of brow fixing products that can be afforded on a college student salary. Their brow cake powder, popular for helping to look filled brows look natural runs at a very affordable $6. Maybelline also offers clear mascara that can be used as a brow gel to keep unruly brows or brow products in place, also at an affordable $6.

So the next time you find yourself wandering the beauty aisle of CVS, remember to check out the various products available to give you the perfect brows.

Image Credit: 2

I'm a girl who loves fashion, beauty, cowboy boots and American University.