Harry Potter World Hogwarts
Harry Potter World Hogwarts
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon

How Harry Potter TikTok Made Me Fall in Love with Draco Malfoy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

TikTok is made up of so many different types of videos and trends, it’s unreal. But the latest trend going around TikTok is Harry Potter and we are so here for it.

Since before I could remember, I always loved Harry Potter, whether it was the books or the movies. Some of my personal favorite characters are Luna Lovegood, Hermoine Granger and Ron Weasly (sorry Harry). But ever since the Harry Potter trend came to TikTok, it has transformed me into a  Draco Malfoy stan (aka Tom Felton).

In the books and movies, Draco is portrayed as a bully and a jerk who, in a sense, is stuck under his parents’ ideals to follow Voldemort, the evilest of all evil. While Draco could have certainly changed his actions, he remained under his parent’s instruction which caused me to dislike him for the longest time.

Harry Potter World Leaky Cauldron
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon

But now TikTok has changed my opinion of him forever. There are so many videos circulating of deleted scenes of Draco’s innate goodness, which I had never seen before. Also, in general, there are many saucy videos of Draco too which literally made my heart flutter.

The most hilarious thing of all is that Tom Felton, the man who played Draco Malfoy, has created his own TikTok account and is now interacting with these videos all over TikTok.

I have now seen a side of him that I never have before. Because of his character, I have just always pictured him a jerk but in reality, he is actually a really huge dork who is quite hilarious. And what can I say? I have a thing for dorks.

Felton interacts with these videos by pretending he is in Harry Potter again and acting like he can actually be a wizard. This has now become some of my favorite content on TikTok. Plus his Instagram just shows how funny and dorky he really is as well. 

Hogwarts students raising wands with lights
giphy.com
TikTok has now opened my eyes to the man outside of the character and he has probably now become one of my favorite actors and Draco has now become one of my favorite characters.

Sources: 1, 2

Photos: Her Campus Media

Gianna is currently a senior at American University in Washington, D.C., and is majoring in journalism and minoring in political science. She is the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus at American University. Gianna enjoys writing about Women's Advocacy, Politics and Pop Culture. She also loves to travel and find hole-in-the-wall restaurants in D.C.