How to Cure Your Mid-Season Style Blues

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Stop right there. It’s 85 degrees out and you’re wearing your new cardigan. While it might look beautiful in all its wool and fall colored glory, it will lead to your demise on this hot (it’s still summer for another three weeks) day. You’re tired of your summer clothes and there are only so many ways to wear your dresses before resorting to looking at your bathing suit cover-ups as viable outfit options. So what’s a girl to do?

As you stand in front of your closet for what has now been a total of 20 minutes, you’re left to think about all of the ways you can have enough money to spend on new clothes for every transitional season of the year.

“Okay, so if I reduce my coffee intake my this much, that leaves me with this much money to spend on clothes… and yup, this is still impossible.”

But fear not, if there’s a will there’s a way. And in this case, the “way” is the internet and every fashion blogger who dedicates their time to providing us, their faithful readers, with ideas on how to dress during every season.

Outfit #1

Okay, you’ve been itching to wear this awesome new jacket you bought just for fall but since it’s still warm out and since you aren’t leaving the house without it, tie it around your waist to add excitement to an otherwise subdued outfit.

Outfit #2

Your favorite summer shorts deserve one more good run, don’t they? If you want to cheat and wear them with your new oxfords then that’s totally okay too.

Outfit #3

Layers, layers, layers. Doesn’t it feel like every additional piece of clothing you throw on is directly proportionate to how cool you look? Research on this theory is still in progress, but for now let’s just agree on the fact that layering is the solution to every case of the transition season blues.

All that’s left is a trip to fashion week and some street style photographers to follow you around – it’s gonna be a great semester.

Photo Credits: 1, 2, 3