How To Avoid A Halloween Horror Story

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

We all remember those heartbreaking Halloween nights as a kid (and maybe even now) when you left the house thinking your costume was fabulous… only to find yourself answering the question: “So… what are you, exactly?” about a thousand times. 

But now that we’re all a little older, the Halloween horror stories can be a bit more dreadful than those costume failed nights. I’m here to tell you all about those Halloween horror stories and how you can avoid them this Halloween. 

1) Just because they say you can dress up as whatever you want doesn’t always mean you should:

People will remember your outfit decisions and will be talking in the few weeks after Halloween. If you want to stick out, do it in a way that has people commending your creativity or admiring your funny outfit.

2) Put those 5 inch pumps back in your closet:

Whether you’re going trick-or-treating (I know you all still do) or going to a party, your shoes will be your worst nightmare if you’re going around on stilts. There will most likely be lots of walking so save your feet from the pain and go with flats. Plus… I’m sure your costume will be fabulous enough that people will be too distracted to notice your foot wear.  

3) As tempting as it is, don’t finish that 5 pound bag of candy in one night:

All that free candy seems so appetizing; restrain yourself! Think about the future and how you’ll be rolling on the floor, feeling like your stomach is about to explode in a few hours. Also… don’t go rushing over to CVS when all those 50% off candy sales hit the shelves. As much as it seems worth it, it’s not. 

4) Don’t overload on the “Halloween” makeup:

Makeup is a great way to give the full effect of your vampire or creepy witch, but too much and you’ll end up looking like the Joker; unless of course, you’re going for the Joker look. It’s going to be a crazy night and the last thing you want is to be going in the bathroom every half hour to check if you have any smudging.

Halloween really is a night about letting go and just having fun! There’s no point to stressing over how you look or whether you have the perfect costume. As long as you follow these steps, your Halloween night will be free of horror, unless you opt to go in that haunted house… Don’t say I didn’t tell you so!       

Photo Credit:

http://shame-full.com/shame-fu…

http://thefw.com/halloween-memes/